Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

where would you eat in Powell/Polaris?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining where would you eat in Powell/Polaris?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Walker wrote >>

shannalafontaine wrote >>
    Chik-Fil-A, at least go for something yummy like Pot Belly’s!!! ;)

Well, there’s a PotBelly’s Downtown, so I don’t have to go far for that. Chik-Fil-A is almost a foreign treat for anyone who lives in the central city. I think the nearest one may be Stringtown Road. :(

Sounds like my quest to make it to a IHOP some day. I’m not proud of it, but I really want to try one.

asil
    Participant

Local Roots in Powell is one of my new favorites in that area. Great food, good prices, great service, nice beer and wine selection, brunch and a great soundtrack (heard the Beatles, Aerosmith and Blondie the last time). Lost Shepherd is in big trouble with Local Roots right down the street.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

jarsloth wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    I’ve heard good things about Luce & Lost Shepherd, but I haven’t been up there to either of them yet.

I should add that those were my only two Powell suggestions.
    If we’re going to the Polaris area, we’re probably eating at Chik-Fil-A. ;)

+1 :)

Chik-Fil-A, at least go for something yummy like Pot Belly’s!!! ;)

There’s no shame in going to Chik Fil-A. Unless you try going on a Sunday…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like my quest to make it to a IHOP some day. I’m not proud of it, but I really want to try one.

They’ve been talking about it for years, but supposedly we’re eventually getting 17 IHOPs in Central Ohio:

IHOP Returns to Columbus

I imagine one will probably be near Polaris. Right now I think the closest ones are Lancaster and Chillicothe.

My buddy owns a pizza shop up polaris pkwy called Wholly Joe’s great Chicago style pizza and Italian Beef!

DavidF
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

They’ve been talking about it for years, but supposedly we’re eventually getting 17 IHOPs in Central Ohio:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/ihop-is-coming
    I imagine one will probably be near Polaris. Right now I think the closest ones are Lancaster and Chillicothe.

They’ve been hiring for the one they are building in Reynoldsburg. It’s supposed to be open sometime in June/July

RandomVisitor
    Participant

In Powell, Vittoria Ristorante has great, big martini’s! We go there regularly even though the food has been a little inconsistant.

We have tried Luce three times and we don’t enjoy the food.

At Polaris, our favorite is Cantina Laredo.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Oh yes, forget to recommend the Gooseneck Tavern for Greek nacho’s.

Lost Shepherd has good food but the vibe makes me feel like I’m in a Rusty Bucket/Champps Americana

DavidF wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/ihop-is-coming

They’ve been hiring for the one they are building in Reynoldsburg. It’s supposed to be open sometime in June/July

Good to know, I haven’t been able to talk myself into driving to Findlay or Lancaster which are the closest 2 I know about. I’m hoping for one at Polaris!

AnneD

Ha Long Bay closed a few months ago, alas. Their selection, food and service had taken a pretty steep nose dive. I will miss their Vietnamese egg rolls forever.

Wasn’t too crazy about Bayleaf, but their weekend buffet is pretty extensive if you are into that sort of thing.

Mellow Mushroom has hot pizza-dough pretzels that are unholy in their goodness. Numerous vegan selections there, if that’s your thing.

Love love love the pasta sampler at Carafagna’s.

The Suisse Shop has some great cupcakes. I keep meaning to try other things but I never make it past the buttercream-frosted cupcakes.

Sushi En is not universally loved but they have a ridiculously addictive spicy crab salad, and I like their ramen.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Angel wrote >>

carfagna’s is the best, especially the cannoli

Big +1

asil wrote >>
    Local Roots in Powell is one of my new favorites in that area. Great food, good prices, great service, nice beer and wine selection, brunch and a great soundtrack (heard the Beatles, Aerosmith and Blondie the last time). Lost Shepherd is in big trouble with Local Roots right down the street.

I haven’t been yet, but I agree. They always seem busy and I know the last time I was at LS was a Saturday night and they were dead.

groundrules
    Participant

This thread makes me miss La Tavola. big time.

DonnaTate

Krispy Kreme when the light is on. Yum

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE