Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

where would you eat in Powell/Polaris?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining where would you eat in Powell/Polaris?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

somertimeoh
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    I’ve heard good things about Luce & Lost Shepherd, but I haven’t been up there to either of them yet.

I should add that those were my only two Powell suggestions.
    If we’re going to the Polaris area, we’re probably eating at Chik-Fil-A. ;)

Dang it, Walker. Now all I want are waffle fries.

I +1000 to Carfagna’s. I don’t know why this place doesn’t get more attention, but it’s so good and cheap. The only downside is the communal seating. It’s a PITA on weekdays for lunch.

There’s lots of good independent restaurants in the area, they’re just tucked in to the strips off the main roads. There’s an awesome gyro place we used to go to all the time that I’ll have to consult my Chase peeps for the name of.

dru
    Participant

dirtgirl wrote >>
    Bonefish is a chain. I’ve seen them in Arizona.

Bonefish is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners. The O and the S stands for Outback Steakhouse. They also own Carraba’s, Fleming’s and Roy’s Hawaiian.

I’d actually not mind a Roy’s at Polaris. It’s been a long time since I was in one, but I remember a good meal.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I go to Polaris for Quaker Steak & Lube (wings)and sometime Steak Escape (in the mall food court) when the mood hits. that’s about it, last time I was up there was last football season when my parents were in town- went to the Lube.

gk

Cantina Laredo at Polaris for mexican.

Patch
    Participant

If its before 6 I would recommend Rude Dogs, their BBQ is good, so are their homemade chips with blue cheese topping, YUM!

Of course the $2.20 tall Killians hits the spot too.

Lakee911
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    I’ve heard good things about Luce & Lost Shepherd, but I haven’t been up there to either of them yet.

I should add that those were my only two Powell suggestions.
    If we’re going to the Polaris area, we’re probably eating at Chik-Fil-A. ;)

Dang it, Walker. Now all I want are waffle fries.
    I +1000 to Carfagna’s. I don’t know why this place doesn’t get more attention, but it’s so good and cheap. The only downside is the communal seating. It’s a PITA on weekdays for lunch.
    There’s lots of good independent restaurants in the area, they’re just tucked in to the strips off the main roads. There’s an awesome gyro place we used to go to all the time that I’ll have to consult my Chase peeps for the name of.

Oh ya … I do remember that place. I forget the name but I think it was cheesy sounding. It was good. Ate there once.

Anatola is also good.

Angel

senor antonio’s is 9347397X better than cantina if you want mexican at polaris.

sushi en is awesome.

the crown has free pizza on fridays :)

carfagna’s is the best, especially the cannoli

mellow mushroom is terrible. I’ve eaten there twice and both times the pizza took forever and was undercooked.

I second the BJ’s comment its awesome, great food and beer (nutty brunette FTW)

Does Jed’s count? it’s at crosswoods so that’s close. I love the fireballs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We go to The Pub when we go to Costco sometimes… Excellent burgers (worth the indulgence) great beer selection-they have a cask and beer engine-pretty good service. I want to go in the evening and sample their excellent whisky selection, but I’m not gonna drive…

Angel

ooh i forgot about the pub. kentucky bourbon beer yum.

deraj1013
    Participant

Q2 Bistro is like one minute east of Polaris, but it’s a great Asian fusion spot. Thai Orchid in Powell is pretty nice as well. That’s all I have that everybody else didn’t get already.

Oh yeah–I forgot the Chicago hot dog/Italian beef/pizza joint Wholly Joe’s. Again, it’s technically in Lewis Center, I think, but it’s close to Polaris.

For a great dessert/treat and the “Best of the Best” Brownies and Blondies (named by Food Network), check out Columbus’ own, nationally known Sugardaddy’s at 1329 Cameron Avenue @ Polaris Parkway (half way between 23 and Polaris Fashion Place).

http://www.sugardaddys.com/index.cfm

http://www.sugardaddys.com/about-MapToStore.cfm

http://www.sugardaddys.com/ss-sugarbuzz.cfm

For true unique, local, independent restaurants, here are great ones in the Polaris/Powell area:

Q2 China Bistro (east of 71 on Polaris Pkwy; wonderful Chinese and sister-owners)
    El Acapulco’s (east of 71 on Polaris Pkwy; great owners; nice food)
    Manaas Indian Cuisine (brand new on Cameron Avenue @ Polaris Parkway)
    Marcella’s (on Polaris Parkway; across from the Fashion Place)
    Quaker Steak (a small chain, but GREAT wings)
    Vino 100 (wonderful wine and owners; a small chain)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

shannalafontaine wrote >>
    Chik-Fil-A, at least go for something yummy like Pot Belly’s!!! ;)

Well, there’s a PotBelly’s Downtown, so I don’t have to go far for that. Chik-Fil-A is almost a foreign treat for anyone who lives in the central city. I think the nearest one may be Stringtown Road. :(

TaraK
    Participant

The only reason I drive to Polaris is Bayleaf.

Brant
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>
    The Bonefish Grill is my favorite seafood restaurant (that is reasonably priced) ever since RJ Snapper (in the Short North) closed. They have an awesome Chilean Sea Bass. They are not open for lunch–very disappointing. http://www.bonefishgrill.com/

PSA: Try not to order Chilean Sea Bass (aka Patagonian Toothfish). The species is facing a population crisis due to illegal overfishing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE