Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where to buy a fancy pen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Where to buy a fancy pen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

A friend just completed his first novel & I want to gift him a fancy pen as a congratulatory sort of thing. Is there a store that specializes in this stuff? Bonus points for engraving (I want to put his name on it), FSC certified wood, or recycled products. Double bonus points if it’s in Clintonville. Thank you!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I’m sure you could find something nice at On Paper in the Short North.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

there is a pen store in clintonville on high st by Oakland Park Lane. Not sure what they have in stock.
    Vintage Fountain Pen Sales & Repair
    3481 N High St
    Columbus, OH 43214

(614) 267-7978

berdawn

Paradise Pens at Polaris has a lot of nice ones, too.

Whoa thank you! I can practically see the Clintonville store from my window – will head over & check out :)

paktinat

Anne wrote >>
    there is a pen store in clintonville on high st by Oakland Park Lane. Not sure what they have in stock.
    3481 N High St
    Columbus, OH 43214
    (614) 267-7978

Also the owner is one of the most interesting people I have had a conversation with in recent months.

DCist

or things remembered, they are a little less pricey (not sure of quality) and you can get it engraved with a box.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

paktinat wrote >>

Anne wrote >>
    3481 N High St
    Columbus, OH 43214
    (614) 267-7978

Also the owner is one of the most interesting people I have had a conversation with in recent months.

I heard that he was very interesting from a friend so I went in and he was a complete a-hole to me. it was truly shocking and un nerving. don’t know if I just got him on a bad day or what…

pez
    Participant

See if TurnedNotBurned can make one for you on the lathe. I got a nice hand carved ebony one for Christmas from my father in law. I believe Woodcraft on Bethel sells pen and pencil mechanics as well as the wooden blanks and varnish.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

pez wrote >>
    See if TurnedNotBurned can make one for you on the lathe.

+1

Home

He may have some in stock.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION