Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where (in/near downtown) can I build a small, modern home?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Where (in/near downtown) can I build a small, modern home?

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author

roy
    Participant

christylwilliams said:
    Are OTE’s zoning restrictions unique from other neighborhoods because of NEAC’s presence? I’ve always wondered about that.

I believe there’s a Bryden Road Historic District within OTENAs boundaries and to the west, an East Town Street historic district. Development in designated historic districts requires review and vote by the historic resources commission but in general, the near east side and NEAC and as a body have rejected implementing broader historic districts, believing them to be too restrictive.

The short answer to your question is no, NEACs presence and the existence of OTENA bring no unique restrictions.

geoyui
    Participant

NYC has a 400 sq ft apartment competition.[/url] Winning design gets a 55 story apartment building using their design.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

geoyui said:
    NYC has a 400 sq ft apartment competition.[/url] Winning design gets a 55 story apartment building using their design.

Ahh! That’s so cool.

News
    Participant

THE TINY LIVING DEVELOPMENT TOOLKIT PART 3
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 8:00AM

Tiny homes are part of a broader residential pattern language that has been around for centuries. They play a normal evolutionary stage in America’s finest neighborhoods. They get their economy and efficiency from a simple form and their diversity from the multitude of ways they might be personalized, landscaped and adapted over time. Below is a standard kit of parts for any Tiny Home development:

READ MORE: http://www.mkskstudios.com/news/2015/9/23/the-tiny-living-development-toolkit-part-3.html

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: