Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where I Eat - Weekender

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Where I Eat – Weekender

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 413 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

I also like the fruit crepes at Bob Evans. Y’all can eat butt !!!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

somertimeoh said:

I actually like these super boring ones because it reminds me that the majority of people in Columbus (and the country) eat just like this. Keeps me from being too judgey when the dude’s parents want to take us somewhere I wouldn’t pick for myself.

+1

the person in question this week does indeed go to some awesome dining places on occasion. She loves Cuco’s, BTW, someone mentioned that place a few posts ago. Sure, she COULD have run down a laundry list of these establishments and tried to up her ‘foodie cred’, BUT… The article was mostly “where do you go most”, not “what’s the best”. Apparently the author of this Column is more interested in giving a cross-section of people than trying to point out what’s “new and hot” or “what’s awesome”, which is the job for another kind of column.

I know most of the time she ends up mostly needing to grab a very quick bite between working (a lot). She, like a LOT of people, simply has other things on her mind and goes to what is close and familiar most of the time. Half the time, her husband or coworkers have to remind her to take a break and go eat something in the first place. It’s simply NOT a priority to her.

Also, remember, most of the time this person has lived in Columbus (age is listed in the article, check it out, she’s been dining here longer than most of you have been alive) there was simply not the plethora of dining choices available now.

I hate to say this, but two local dining establishments that have been around for a long time, measured in decades (and are thus most familiar) are… guess what…

Max&Ermas and Bob Evans.

although M&E is no longer locally owned, she was dining there when it was one burger joint in G.V.

People like what they like. I recommend that people spend less time worrying about what other people eat and more time enjoying the things they enjoy. We’d all be happier that way, trust me.

(same goes for the vegans and the “you’re a big food snob” crowd, BTW)

bman
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    +1

the person in question this week does indeed go to some awesome dining places on occasion. She loves Cuco’s, BTW, someone mentioned that place a few posts ago. Sure, she COULD have run down a laundry list of these establishmentoooos and tried to up her ‘fjiioodie cred’, BUT… The article was mostly “where do you go most”, not “what’s the best”. Apparently the author of this Column is more interested in giving a cross-section of people than trying to point out what’s “new and hot” or “what’s awesome”, which is the job for another kind of column.

I know most of the time she ends up mostly needing to grab a very quick bite between working (a lot). She simply has other things on her mind and goes to what is close and familiar most of the time. Half the time, her husband or coworkers have to remind her to take a break and go eat something in the first place. It’s simply NOT a priority to her.

Also, remember, most of the time this person has lived in Columbus (age is listed in the article, check it out, she’s been dining here longer than most of you have been alive) there was simply not the plethora of dining choices available now.

I hate to say this, but two local dining establishments that have been around for a long time, measured in decades (and are thus most familiar) are… guess what…

Max&Ermas and Bob Evans. :(

although M&E is no longer locally owned, she was dining there when it was one burger joint in G.V.

People like what they like. I recommend that people spend less time worrying about what other people eat and more time enjoying the things they enjoy. We’d all be happier that way, trust me.

(same goes for the vegans and the “you’re a big food snob” crowd, BTW)

Great post!9

arualpalm
    Participant

I love this weekly Dispatch feature.

Thanks to bman, Rockmastermike, sometimeoh, and all the other kind folks who have defended this poor lady and others profiled who prefer chain restaurants.

While I definitely enjoy reading about the non-chain restaurants, I really hate it when people harshly judge and look down on others just because of where they eat (or how they dress, etc.).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

arualpalm said:
    While I definitely enjoy reading about the non-chain restaurants, I really hate it when people harshly judge and look down on others just because of where they eat (or how they dress, etc.).

I can only speak for myself, but my main intention was not to pass judgement or look down on this individual person. My point to was to question the significance of this series if there is real purpose beyond “where a human ingests nutrition”.

I enjoy plenty of chain establishments just as much as the next person. But is that worthy of a newspaper spotlight?

“Local man enjoys Wendy’s from time to time.”

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Walker said:

It would be like showcasing me in a fashion feature. :P

or a lingerie photoshoot?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:
    or a lingerie photoshoot?

if you recall, last year Walker was indeed featured in a lingerie photoshoot that appeared on posters in the short north.

I leave it to Walker to post a pic.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ta-Da!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Walker said:
    Ta-Da!

America’s next top model!

catnfiddle
    Participant

This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre.

At least he’s only holding it.

AMEEKER
    Participant

And… scene.

(curtain falls)

deraj1013
    Participant

From the Dispatch…

Where I Eat: Mike Beaumont

Read more

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Great answers Mike!
    I couldn’t agree more about Skillet, love whatever they touch.
    Now I really want to try this Solay Bistro.
    Still need to make it to Kihachi.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Huzzah for Mike!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 413 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: