Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where do can I go to get work done after 10pm?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Where do can I go to get work done after 10pm?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

wastubbs
    Participant

I live in the North Campus area, and used to love going to ShiSha to get work done at night, where the conversation never got above a dull roar. It’s now more like romper room for the hip crowd, and I’m unable to get anything done there.

Cup O Joe closes up at 10 or 11pm, Staufs is 11pm on weekdays. Buckeye Donuts is nearby, but even stopping in there for 2-3 minutes in the morning leaves me smelling like a deep fryer. So then my question is, where can I burn the midnight oil in relative peace?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Blue Danube! I like working there because you can drink coffee while working and finish up with a cocktail. And they serve food til 2am.

wastubbs
    Participant

A reply before I even finish setting up my avatar! I knew this would be the place to go, thanks lizless, I hadn’t thought of the ‘Dube!

10sun

wastubbs wrote >>
    I live in the North Campus area, and used to love going to ShiSha to get work done at night, where the conversation never got above a dull roar. It’s now more like romper room for the hip crowd, and I’m unable to get anything done there.
    Cup O Joe closes up at 10 or 11pm, Staufs is 11pm on weekdays. Buckeye Donuts is nearby, but even stopping in there for 2-3 minutes in the morning leaves me smelling like a deep fryer. So then my question is, where can I burn the midnight oil in relative peace?

Travonna on High just south of 5th is open until 2am on weekdays?
    That is about my only late night coffee shop to hang out in with relative peace.

Kafe Kerouac is open until 11pm weeknights.
    Cafe Apropos on 3rd & Michigan… can’t remember the hours.

Really depends on how far out of your way you want to go.

cyclist II
    Participant

Science and Engineering Library at OSU.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Buckeye Donuts is 24 hours. Apollo’s is open pretty late and Cane’s is open till 3-4 AM. Really anything on the Campus stretch of High is open pretty late.

Jimbo Jones

When I was in law school, I was able to access the OSU law library 24/7. I guess that doesn’t really help you though, does it?

wastubbs
    Participant

I didn’t go to school here, so I’m not sure what kind of security is required for entry to places like that. Really I was looking for some place that either has WiFi or is near another shop that does have it.

cyclist II
    Participant

The OSU librarys are public, you can use them. Don’t know about 24 hrs though… You can not use their computers or take out books, but you can always use it as a quiet place to work.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>
    The OSU librarys are public, you can use them. Don’t know about 24 hrs though… You can not use their computers or take out books, but you can always use it as a quiet place to work.

IIRC, you have to swipe student ID after a certain time to get access to the libraries. At least the Science and Engineering one.

StowCbusCleveland
    Participant

Been a while since I used the library for late night studying, but after a certain hour a security guard makes rounds and checks student ID’s.

cyclist II
    Participant

I guess at night, the OSU libraries are restricted, but very open in the day. shrug…

Daz
    Participant

Kafe Kerouac is awesome for later night work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE