Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where can I buy old lumber?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Where can I buy old lumber?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Twixlen
    Participant

Maybe the Habitat for Humanity ReUse store? The last time I was in there they had EVERYTHING, including random lumber.

Another consideration – have you thought of using a door as the top? Again, the ReUse had a ridiculous selection of solid wood doors – from fancy to plain panel to no panel. Everything in there was pretty dang cheap, so I can’t imagine it would be any kind of investment.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    Another consideration – have you thought of using a door as the top? Again, the ReUse had a ridiculous selection of solid wood doors – from fancy to plain panel to no panel. Everything in there was pretty dang cheap, so I can’t imagine it would be any kind of investment.

That’s a good idea. My Dad has a work bench made from his old office door; sturdy enough for a vice, work surface, etc. .

Matthew
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

That’s a good idea. My Dad has a work bench made from his old office door; sturdy enough for a vice, work surface, etc. .

I enjoy repurposing doors and windows into furniture. Another way to find used lumber is to pick through the pile after a building is taken down. It sounds odd, but sometimes there are real treasures in those piles, just avoid the copper and you should be safe from arrest.

TaraK
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    Maybe the Habitat for Humanity ReUse store? The last time I was in there they had EVERYTHING, including random lumber.

Oh, good idea! I haven’t been to one here, but I’ve been to them in other states. I’ll definitely check it out.

scott413
    Participant

Did you ever find your lumber? We’ve been scouring Craigslist for barn wood with which to build a dining room table and bench. Not a lot of success at this point.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Check your PM…

gflo
    gflo
    Participant

Capital City Millwork in Westerville has reclaimed lumber.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Dusting this one off… Planning on a trip to the ReStore Habitat for Humanity shop but ahead of that does anyone have any scrap lumber sitting around they need to get rid of? It doesn’t have to be in great shape, needing it for a Halloween project.

goldenidea
    Participant

I have some nice old barn siding I can sell you. It’s left over from a large project I’ve been working on.

Please PM if interested. Thanks!

Nugget
    Participant

I sell used pallet wood that I have already sanded and lacquered. I normally get 3-4 dollars a board. I live in Chillicothe so idk if that’s too far for u

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: