Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Super Bowl XLV - Sunday, February 6th

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Super Bowl XLV – Sunday, February 6th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

carissadiane

Wondering where all the Packer fans are going to go on Sunday! Just moved to Pickerington and was wondering if there were any bars closer to me than the ones listed on Packer-bars.com

Thanks!

(Listed on Packer-bars:

BW3 on Bethel

Coaches on Bethel

On Tap on Bethel

Pockets on Kenny

and 2 Hooters locations)

fclaugus

Should be an interesting time at Coaches, it is listed as a Steelers bar as well!

COLUMBUS AREA BARS:

Alumni Grill – 5919 Hoover Rd – Grove City, OH

Blarney Stone – Hill Road – Pickerington, OH

Coach’s Bar n Grill – 1480 Bethel Rd – Columbus, OH

Crown Sports Lounge – Lazelle Rd – Columbus, OH

Gresso’s – 961 S. High Street, Columbus OH 43206

Gordy’s – 6150 Sunbury Road, Westerville, OH 43081

Lakee911
    Participant

Aren’t they going to hell?

Ha…sorry couldn’t resist. :)

fclaugus

Lakee911 wrote >>
    Aren’t they going to hell?
    Ha…sorry couldn’t resist. :)

Must be a bears fan!

bucky
    Participant

I haven’t really posted here before, but I thought I would try to help a fellow Packer fan out. My husband and I moved here about 4 years ago from Milwaukee, and had a mission to find a good Packer bar in town. The BW3, Coach’s and On Tap are all in the same strip mall, Bethel Center. Of the three, I would say On Tap is really the only dedicated Packer bar. Its a lot of fun and always busy but is also pretty small with only about 10 or so tables and then bar seating. For the NFC Championship the tables filled within 2 minutes of the bar opening (which was at noon for a 3pm game). My husband and I got there at 1pm and got the last 2 seats at the bar. I’m not sure what to expect for a crowd for the Superbowl since I’m sure some people will have their own parties at home. Unfortunately I don’t know the Pickerington area at all so I don’t know if there are any bars closer.

AmyJ
    Participant

I’ve seen Packers fans at Gallo’s as well.

carissadiane

Thanks guys!

wassan

The real fans will be at On Tap Pub, but as bucky said, its a *small* bar and it will be packed with the hardcore group that goes every week. My husband is a fanatic and heads out to On Tap every Sunday so we have a saved spot :)

It may not be the right viewing place for the Super Bowl viewer though, it will be slammed from 3pm on and they don’t serve food (so you have to run to Lac Viet next door or the newly opened Los Guachos for half time food).

bucky, see you there!

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/01/24/a-ferocious-fan-family.html

http://www.buckeyepackerbackers.com/ontapframe.html

JonMyers
    Participant

wassan wrote >>
    My husband is a fanatic

Understatement of the century. :P mucho amor

Cookie

Who’s showing the Puppy Bowl?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Email:

BUCKEYE HALL OF FAME GRILL WILL BE SUPER BOWL HOT SPOT

Dallas Cowboys Stadium may have the biggest TV screen in the country, but the 165-inch projector screen at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill is the next best place to catch the Super Bowl on Sunday. The other 38 televisions will be tuned in to the game, so no matter where you’re sitting; your seats are always the best in the house. Patrons will be surrounded by friends, delicious food and drink specials, and memorabilia of the players like A.J. Hawk and Ryan Pickett of the Packers and Will Allen of the Steelers, who wore the scarlet and gray for OSU.

Grandview Yard
    775 Yard Street
    Columbus, OH 43212

Sunday, February 6, 2011
    Noon until the Post Game Lombardi Ceremony

http://www.buckeyegrill.com

catnfiddle
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>
    Who’s showing the Puppy Bowl?

It will probably be on at my place, but I wouldn’t bet elsewhere.

BCNation
    Participant

There are Steelers bars in both Cincinnati and Cleveland, hope that there will be a Michigan bar in Columbus. ;)

Two of the three biggest fanbases with steep rich history are playing in the biggest game of the year, and they’ve repopulated wherever they go, just like Buckeyes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… where’s everyone watching the game today?

cyclist II
    Participant

probably at Bodega with no sound during Trivia.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!