Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Where are the best pumpkin-flavored menu items?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Where are the best pumpkin-flavored menu items?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This thread inspired me to make pumpkin pancakes this morning for breakfast. Mixed some pumpkin pie mix from a slice of Anne’s pumpkin pie that she made yesterday into a regular batch of pancake batter. Yum!

Coy
    Participant

Pumpkin Love at Betty’s rules.
    Go get you some.

tessamo

Pumpkin Ravioli at Bonefish
    Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory
    Pumpkin Soup at Spagio
    The best ever was pasta with pumpkin sauce at Noni’s. Why do the restaurants with the greatest dishes go out of business?
    I hope a restaurant reads this and tries to recreate that dish.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

kcrissinger

jpizzow said:
    I was hoping (and in the back of my mind knew) that Jeni’s would have to have something pumpkin. Had the Sunny St. Cafe pancakes today. Not bad. Circleville pumpkin show….I’m already there. Thanks for the suggestions.

And Jeni’s does. It is Buttercup Pumpkin and Amaretti Cookies. It is simply divine.

Tommy’s Diner has pumpkin french toast with fried apples on top on special today.

FYI.

:)

melikecheese
    Participant

This is a trick question, there are no good pumpkin items.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker said:
    This thread inspired me to make pumpkin pancakes this morning for breakfast. Mixed some pumpkin pie mix from a slice of Anne’s pumpkin pie that she made yesterday into a regular batch of pancake batter. Yum!

I did the same thing a few days ago with waffles. MMM!!!!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Pumpkin Pancakes are back at First Watch:

Fall has officially arrived, and to celebrate, award-winning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch restaurant First Watch today announced fresh, new menu items that put some of fall’s most-loved flavors, like pumpkin, maple, apple and butternut squash, at center stage, starting Monday, Oct. 8.

In addition to all their traditional First Watch favorites, guests will find these fall menu items at their local restaurant for a limited time:

Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast

Pumpkin Pancakes are back. Two fresh eggs cooked any style plus one of First Watch’s signature spiced Pumpkin Pancakes and Aidells’ grilled, all-natural Chicken Apple Sausage. $7.79

Maple Pulled Pork Sandwich

Hand-pulled marinated, roasted pork with First Watch’s sweet maple apple chutney, mayonnaise and fresh greens on a soft, whole-wheat bun. Served with a choice of soup, lightly dressed greens or fresh fruit. $7.99

Butternut Squash Soup

Rich and creamy, this butternut squash soup is sweetened with carrot and a touch of nutmeg – a delicious addition to that perfect fall day. $3.99 per bow

First Watch’s fresh, fall menu items are available in all restaurants Oct. 8 through Nov. 21.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Pumpkin 5 Spice ice cream coming to Jeni’s Friday oct 5

carson1221
    Participant

Pumpkin Pie Martini at Mezzo and Pumpkin Bread Pudding at Holy Smoke BBQ!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Look at these!
    via Mozart’s:
    Mozart’s Bakery and Piano Cafe
    Fall special. Our Marzipan Pumpkins filled with pumpkin spice buttercream and wrapped with marzipan. Perfect with some Pumpkin Spice Gelato from Vienna Ice Cafe

I went to House Beer a couple weeks back and they had a Pumpkin beer there for anyone interested. Don’t know/remember the name, but I think they may have actually had more than one type (but don’t quote me lol)

As a pumpkin-anything fan, let me tell what’s NOT worth your time. Starbucks’s Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was wayyyyy too sweet (and I have a major sweet tooth, so that’s saying something), and the pumpkin syrup they use to flavor it was way too thick. Felt like I was drinking a cup full of sugary syrup instead of coffee with pumpkin flavor. Overrated.

Also, UDF has pumpkin ice cream available by pint only. It was alright; could have used more pumpkin spice and not just straight pumpkin flavor.

Also got some pumpkin pie flavored Italian Ice at Rita’s the other day. Wasn’t bad. A little strong, but if you like reallly pumpkin-y flavored stuff, it’ll be right up your alley.

Briana Henry
    Briana Henry
    Participant

As a person who enjoys alcohol, pumpkin bombs at Kobo are the best thing in the whole entire world. Pumpkin beer and a shot of something, and something else that tastes good that I don’t know=party in your mouth.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

When I worked at lost planet pizza and pasta many moons ago we served the most amazing shit called mrs. barnes pumpkin poo.. Delicious!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: