Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

When Should Highball Halloween 2011 Take Place?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion When Should Highball Halloween 2011 Take Place?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Email:

Your Opinion Counts: Weigh in on the timing of HighBall Halloween IV

The Short North’s HighBall Halloween: Masquerade On High is currently scheduled for Saturday, October 29 (main party 7:00PM – Midnight). There is an 8:00PM OSU home game against Wisconsin that night. What do you think about the date?

Share your opinion about the timing of this year’s event:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HighBall-CU

groundrules
    Participant

i thought they cancelled football.

cyclist II
    Participant

As a pedicab driver. I would prefer Highball be on Friday night so we can then work at the game on Saturday night. If they coincide, there will be no pedicabs at Highball and probably few Taxis as well. Highball will play second fiddle. I would imagine bar and restraunt owners would agree too, to having two nights of awesome business compared to one night of too much business.

The City might not allow High St to be closed on a gameday as well.

I vote for a Friday Night Highball.

budser1228
    Participant

I think I was told it is also Homecoming for OSU. Bad date for Highball.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If my memory serves me correctly, Highball is tough to do on a Friday because the city frowns upon street closures during weekday rush hour. The main event doesn’t start until 7pm, but they’d need the street closed by noon to start setting up.

cbus11

Definitely a bad date for Highball.

cyclist II
    Participant

The Homecoming Parade is Friday evening. So High Street will be closed for that already in the late afternoon.

Long St and Cleveland Ave (SR 3) are closed right now for Arts Festival.

The northern half of Downtown is closed for weekday Red White and Boom

Three examples of workday major street closures.

cbus11

I think a week early might be too early and Sunday evening, well its a Sunday evening. I like cyclist II’s suggestion a lot.

cyclist II
    Participant

A gameday generates more traffic than a workday on the near northside of town.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

bad date. move it a whole week earlier IMO

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cyclist II wrote >>
    The Homecoming Parade is Friday evening. So High Street will be closed for that already in the late afternoon.

Where on High?

TaraK
    Participant

Anything other than Sunday. Tough date options. I’m sure it will be fantastic either way.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Easy. Have it on Friday and direct traffic to 4th. Done and done. If they have it on Saturday, they will lose a huge chunk of Halloweeners.

CycleJackson

Extend Highball for the entire month of October.

BCNation
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>
    i thought they cancelled football.

That’s the NFL.

I voted for the Week before (the 22nd), and voted against Sunday, for one reason and one reason only.

I’ve gone all three years, and love all of the creative ideas people have as characters. I think I might go as a local celebrity this year…assuming it’s not on the 28th or 29th.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: