Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wheeler Dog Park: a brief review

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Wheeler Dog Park: a brief review

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

deidralc wrote >>
    I want to take my pugs there, but one of my pugs will follow people out. Does the park have one gate, or two ( like the double kind they use at the zoo to keep the birds and kangaroos in) like at the bark park in Westerville? I’ll go there regardless, I’m just too protective of my dogs. I treat them as if they are my children, so if I lost one, I would be DEVASTATED!!!

At the main entrance (north side) it has two gates and on the south entrance there is just one gate. You should be fine with the pugs. There is also a water source and a few picnic tables.

There will be a dedication event at Wheeler this Saturday, 5/9, starting at noon. Come after the work day in Goodale, if you’d like. Should be fun.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I just read the article about this in the Short North Gazette – spotted Blammo in one of the photos.

blammo
    Participant

great article!

But sheesh…do i really have man-boobs like that?

misskitty
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    great article!

Are you the one in the Black shirt with the boobs? I’m only kidding!
    I love that fawn dogs expression at the black dog it sort of looks like the fawn dog is like WTF is wrong with this black dog.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hungrywoolf wrote >>
    I just read the article about this in the Short North Gazette – spotted Blammo in one of the photos.

LINK! ;)

http://www.shortnorth.com/WheelerDogPark.html

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Sorry – I would have but I didn’t realize it was online – I read the paper copy.

lifeliberty
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    great article!

ha! i thought that was you. I just read the paper today and came here to ask you if that was you. (guess I’m a little behind in the times…;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Anyone know what they are doing with this park? We went tonight with the pup and it looks like they’ve taken over even more green space (but it’s not open) ???

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Expanded the dog area by creating another dog zone. Too many issues with dirt and mud instead of grass growing. Original plan tried to preserve green space for humans, I guess they realized the park was forlorn and empty pre-dog park and now they have a vibrant park, that may actually be “over used” or loved too much by the dog folks.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Today is the worst condition I have ever seen this place by far. In the open area there isn’t a patch of grass left. Just one huge mud pit. Yet they have the old area locked and closed even though it’s completely grass covered.

Not sure the logic/rules on what part of the park they keep open, but it needs to be changed.

bayrea
    Participant

Any word if the park is opening this weekend??

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: