Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What's up with bar l'etranger?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion What’s up with bar l’etranger?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

chrisat4th

Stopped by there last night about 9 PM and they were very closed? Are they still in business? I’ll be super bummed if not – it is one of my favorite places to go, be chill and talk.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Closed on a Sat. night at 9 PM? Not a good sign!

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

I stopped by friday a week ago and it was closed then too :( sad.

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

I stopped by friday a week ago and it was closed then too :( sad.

CycleJackson

Very bad news indeed. Love this place.

cc

There has been discussion on yelp for about a week. Nothing definitive yet. No matter how you slice it, it is a shitty way to treat your customers.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/gahanna-bar-l-etranger

Called, and their voicemail off hours reverberated. Same ol’.

Then we called Due Amici to confirm closing. Their response: “Yep, we’re open!”

Then we called Barrio for another take “Um yea we’re closed through the weekend for a remodel and we’re changing to a new bar.”

Their facebook and twitter accounts act like they are open, but apparently are run by outsourced zombies.

Final answer: Unconfirmed. I’m not sure anyone knows what’s going on.

wassan

Wow that’s just crazy quick. I’m surprised its closing, but who knows what the story is.

@cc – not sure why you would think its a shitty way to treat customers? This is a business, obviously something happened and made the owner make this decision but its not like they have to make everyone aware of every detail of it? If its closing suddenly, its not like the owner WANTED that to happen. I’m sure in a few days it will be clear.

Not sure why folks act as though its an affront to them when they aren’t told details of a business deal. So strange!

There is great potential in that spot, I hope someone grabs it or its remodeled. Its a beautiful space.

cc

I think a note on their door and on their webpage that they are closed until further notice would be the appropriate way to handle this.

@wassan
    That they are closing is just an assumption, their twitter and facebook accounts are specifically replying to customers they are still open. Using that info I sent a group of friends there on Friday. That is the shitty part.

Regardless, I hope they reopen soon.

DCist

I wonder whats up with this place and why no one can get a straight answer? I liked the “old bristol” the way it was about 2 years ago before the first rennovation. (At least it was the “original” for me because I’ve only been in Cbus for 4 years).

chrisat4th

Weird. And a major bummer – I really liked the place.

rreid

i was there a couple weeks ago, and the bartender told me it was closing. it’s not changing ownership, but the plan is to re-brand it and turn it into a gay bar.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

That would be interesting; I’m sure, just like most people who talk, there are very few who know what the real story is.

rory
    Participant

ToddAnders wrote >>
    That would be interesting; I’m sure, just like most people who talk, there are very few who know what the real story is.

Ok, fill us in.

Jordans23000
    Participant

Its True, Jeff is turning it into a gay bar, don’t know how long the renovations are going to take, but if they continue to have the worse bar menu in town then it won’t be a gay club for long either.

cc

Interesting news. Considering the large amount of lgbt students on campus, it might find its niche. I hope it does well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!