Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Caffe Daniela

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Caffe Daniela

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ScottieByNature
    Participant

Anybody have an inside scoop on what’s going on with Caffe Daniela downtown at Broad and High? Last week they had a sign on the door that said they’d be closed for the week; I assumed the family was away on vacation or something. This week the sign is gone, but the doors are still locked. What’s even more concerning is that it doesn’t look like it’s ready for daily operation: the display cases were bare, the parmesan shakers were empty and gathered onto a single table, and the owners appeared to be packing some random odds and ends into a bag. I’d hate to believe they’re closing as I’m a regular there for lunch, but I don’t know what else to think. Can anyone confirm with any certainty what’s going on?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

? I saw people in there eating lunch yesterday afternoon.

ScottieByNature
    Participant

Very strange… must have just been today that they were closed for lunch this week. But still, the appearance inside is suspicious.

ScottieByNature
    Participant

It’s confirmed… they’ve closed :-( Just talked to a former employee who said they decided they couldn’t afford the rent.

I’m so disappointed. This was my favorite downtown lunch spot. I really hope the Milano family aren’t done for good, though. I can’t bear to think I’ll never taste that decadently cheesy lasagna ever again!

I don’t suppose we could coerce someone from CU to reach out to the Milanos for comment on their plans for the future, could we?

joemilano

Thank you to all for your past patronage. we did have to close, however it wasn’t because of rent. we simply did not have enough business. I hope to do something in the near future. I love downtown, I live here. I will keep you posted. Thank you again, joe milano

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Joe! Keep us posted on what’s next!

ScottieByNature
    Participant

Yes, thanks for the info, Joe! I was a big fan of Caffe Daniela and was sad to see it close. Best wishes to you for successful future endeavors. I’ll be keeping an eye out for your next venture, for sure!

Geno99
    Participant

It was a lot of prime downtown square feet for a place that was mostly just lunch. The food was great, tho, and I hope they find another niche.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More info on the new restaurant coming to the Broad & High space:

Pizza Rustica to Open Second Location Downtown

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: