Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What's the "Public Transit" score where you live?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation What’s the “Public Transit” score where you live?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Lakee911
    Participant

StowCbusCleveland wrote >>
    I haven’t forded a river since my Oregon Trail days, but I remember it was difficult.

I’ve seen kids walk accross the low head dams when it gets dry in the summer. Feet get wet, but works ;)

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Most of it is probably still frozen enough to cross. People are ice fishing locally, but I don’t know of any on the O.

near franklin park

walk score 55
    transit score 49 (this seems low as i can see 3 bustops from my front room)

johnwirtz
    Participant

Here’s one expert’s thoughts on the transit score methodology:
    http://www.humantransit.org/2011/01/beyond-transit-scores-an-exchange-with-matt-lerner.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HumanTransit+%28Human+Transit%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

BTW, my walkscore is 77, but my transit score isn’t available from the site.

cyclist II
    Participant

Park St & W. 1st Ave
    Walk Score= 91
    Transit Score= 56?

I live in WALKER’S PARADISE

ehill27
    Participant

Walk: 83
    Transit: 55

5% of C-Bus residents have a higher walk score.

Underdawg
    Participant

Walk: 89
    Transit: 44

Brighton Rd. near corner of High & N. Broadway

BCNation
    Participant

I live in the Olde Towne/Franklin Park valley region of the Near East Side.
    Walk Score- 54 (I would not walk on Main Street at night; if I’ve walked in my neighborhood at night, I’d better have a good reason)
    Transit Score- 49 (did I mention there is a COTA bus stop right in front of the house right next to mine?)

– 53% of Columbus residents have a higher walk score

Where I lived in college, the walk score was much better at 71, because the UPtown District was one block away, and had restaurants, bar(s), CVS, and a donut place to go to at 2AM.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I started a thread for this on a statewide fishing board, with amusing results. A lot of those people live out in the country and they get scores of zero. But a few of them pull some high scores.

melikecheese
    Participant

Bruck and Gates in Merion Village

Walk = 72
    Transit = 42

both scores seemed low, I have bus stops around and I can walk to almost anything I want, bar, park, breakfast, lunch and dinner, pet store, grocery store, pawn shop, thrift store, crack dealer, etc etc?

jgambacu
    Participant

I live just north of the Park of Roses in Clintonville.
    Walk = 54
    Transit = 40

I don’t own a car, but I’ve never had any problems commuting by bus and bike. (In fact, there is a bus stop right outside my apartment complex, and another across the street to go in the opposite direction.) That being said, the #2 is probably the least efficient bus to take…ever.

I spend a lot of time downtown as well. Gay Street and 3rd scores a 71 for walkability and a 67 on transit. (As to be expected, considering the main bus stops are in this area.)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: