Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Whats going in on the corner of Thurman and Jaeger?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Whats going in on the corner of Thurman and Jaeger?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

melikecheese
    Participant

So across the corner from Easy Street Cafe at Whittier and Jaeger a re-do of the building has been going on, very very slowly it appears, and I am just really interested in knowing what it will be.

Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to search!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Nothing for sure yet from my last conversations about it, but a hint of at least part of it being food.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I could be mistaken, but I don’t think that’s still happening.

Coremodels said:
    I could be mistaken, but I don’t think that’s still happening.

I’m not sure. The woman mentioned in the article is still the property owner, according to Franklin County Auditor’s site.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I heard back from Sue Meigs, owner of The Dog Works (next to the Easy Street Cafe) who said that the woman who owns the building is renovating the back of the building as a residential space and working on the facade of the front retail space to get it ready for leasing.

So no tenant lined up yet, but it is being prepped for retail, potentially as a restaurant space.

Yea!!!!! It would be nice to have another restaurant go into that space. :-)

tourist19
    Participant

I am thrilled with the rehab that I’ve seen. They appear to be restoring the character of the building and that makes me happy. I would LOVE another restaurant with maybe some ethnic food of really any variety in that space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

tourist19 said:
    …ethnic food of really any variety in that space.

German? ;)

tourist19
    Participant

Walker said:
    German? ;)

Ok other than German ;-) In a perfect world the best Thai restaurant would move in there. That would make me joyously happy.

rob75

This thread should actually be called Jaeger and Thurman… We used to live in the house across the street from this store and had always been afraid a restaurant would go into that space. Parking gets pretty crazy down there on weekends with Thurman Cafe, Easy Street, German Village Coffee shop, etc. I thought Sue had told me that GV Commission would never approve a restaurant for that space because of parking issues, but maybe I misunderstood her. It would be cool to have another good restaurant in the area, but if it’s too popular I feel bad for the guys that bought our house.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rob75 said:
    This thread should actually be called Jaeger and Thurman…

Fixed! ;)

rads09

thoughts on a yoga studio/yoga boutique in there?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Was a pilates studio across the street at the corner where the groomer is now some years ago. Pretty sure it didn’t make it 6 months.

FWIW.

rads09

hmmm that is good to know. do you know if they were exclusively pilates?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: