Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Greek Express - New restaurant in former KFC in Grandview/5xNW

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Greek Express – New restaurant in former KFC in Grandview/5xNW

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I saw a open sign on this place yesterday.

anyone been to report? I’d love a good gyro place around this area (think Henderson road). The ones close to it really don’t do it for me.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    I saw a open sign on this place yesterday.

anyone been to report? I’d love a good gyro place around this area (think Henderson road). The ones close to it really don’t do it for me.

I used to have one by my old apartment in Dublin (Powell Rd), and now that I live in Lewis Center there is one equally close (Sancus). I’ve eaten at Greek Express countless times.

It’s pretty darn good, but what you’d probably expect from a drive-thru greek restaurant. Won’t blow your mind, but I do like the gyros quite a bit. Very similar to Gyro Shoppe.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Very similar to Gyro Shoppe.

exactly what I wanted to hear.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Said, “what the heck..” and had it for lunch today. Yep, still pretty good.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I went last friday evening. Much better than the other options in the surrounding area for a cheap fast gyro IMO. The roasted red pepper hummus was pretty good also.

welcome addition.

News
    Participant

Greek Express Now Open on Fifth Avenue
    Published on October 5, 2013 9:30 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

If you are a fan of Greek food in Columbus, then chances are you know the Cela family. After all, they own Acropolis Gyro Palace in Clintonville, #1 Gyro Shoppe on the West side, and two Greek Express restaurants, one in Powell, the other near Polaris.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/greek-express-now-open-on-fifth-avenue-aw1

pancho7
    Participant

I enjoy having the calamari for carryout, yum!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: