Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Greek Express - New restaurant in former KFC in Grandview/5xNW

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Greek Express – New restaurant in former KFC in Grandview/5xNW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

buckette13

Looks like construction has begun. It sat a lot longer than I would have thought. That parking lot is not the best at times for a place with a drive thru.

Pablo
    Participant

Sign says it’s a Greek restaurant.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I wish it was a brand new KFC. There I said it. We have good greek at Hellas three blocks away already, but no chicken in the Grandview and 5/NW area.

leftovers

Popeyes is better, imho.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

canes is better imho

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

IMHO Popeyes Canes IMHO.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Love Popeyes, totally don’t get the Canes hype at all.

KFC is awful now.

RhondaH

BF just brought me a box of Popeye’s Waffle tenders (fresh from the Chicken District)…awesome! :)

GCrites80s
    Participant

I know all the corporate owned KFCs in the area closed, but I think the reason the 5xNW one didn’t make any money was that they didn’t get the kind of Sunday after-church bucket and a mess of sides business like they get out in the ‘burbs and rural areas. I’ve got a hunch that that kind of stuff is a big portion of their profit in the U.S.

It’s also why in the rest of the world KFCs (or PFK as it’s known in Quebec) sell regular fries instead of those monster potato wedges. To the church people the mere presence of fries would make Sundays too downscale I suppose.

ricospaz
    Participant

It’s a Greek Express. I saw one somewhere else so it’s some sort of chain Greek food. I’m sure it’s no Yanni’s.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    It’s a Greek Express. I saw one somewhere else so it’s some sort of chain Greek food. I’m sure it’s no Yanni’s.

If its Greek Express, I wouldn’t really call it a chain…it has a Powell location and a Polaris location. Never been, but pretty solid online reviews (93% Urbanspoon and 3.5 stars on Yelp).

derm
    derm
    Participant

Well then I partially take it back as I love Greek Express if it is like the Powell one, right by one of the clinics I work at. The salad with gyro meat is a monster platter of goodness for nine bucks. Easily two meals.

Still want a chicken place tho.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Love Popeyes, totally don’t get the Canes hype at all.

KFC is awful now.

wasn’t implying Canes is awesome… just better then KFC

derm
    derm
    Participant

You all need to try the sandwich at KFC that they get rid of the bread and just use fried chicken wrapped around cheese and hot sauce and ham and such. Dip it into the gravy.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

derm said:
    You all need to try the sandwich at KFC that they get rid of the bread and just use fried chicken wrapped around cheese and hot sauce and ham and such. Dip it into the gravy.

That’s the only thing I do still think is OK at KFC, but I work about 25 feet from the chicken sammiches at Little Palace, so my chicken sammich market is cornered.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: