Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What was Skully's called before it became Skully's?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What was Skully’s called before it became Skully’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author

karenS

Back in the early 80s I used to live on 4th St. at 15th and would walk up to the shopping center where Suzi Q was. At the time, there used to be a huge Salvation Army there (where I’d go to vote) along with a Talita’s restaurant, which of course is now on N. High, if it’s still around.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>

SJT wrote >>
    Oh& the Sugar Shack was a bar my dad drank at in the 60’s or 70’s it was on the same block as Oldfield’s on 4th…

The name migrated up 4th to about 19th in the 90s. It was a “cafe” then..

cafe/raver hang out :p Loved seeing all the tweekers sunday morning in that place grinding their teeth.

thefiercelime
    Participant

I always got a good vibe at the Sunset. They don’t look at you funny when you need to down, say, 5 or 6 vodkas in a half an hour, in the late afternoon. They don’t care if you dance like The Jerk in front of the jukebox. The world needs places like this.

There’s a bar in Downtown Cleveland just like it where you can get $2.50 pints of Little King’s all day and they have surprisingly cheap, quality, roast beef sandwiches. The name escapes me, just now.

Hael

thefiercelime wrote >>
    dance like The Jerk in front of the jukebox.

Excellent.

Lets start an emo band an use that for the title.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

thefiercelime wrote >>
    I always got a good vibe at the Sunset. They don’t look at you funny when you need to down, say, 5 or 6 vodkas in a half an hour, in the late afternoon. They don’t care if you dance like The Jerk in front of the jukebox. The world needs places like this.
    There’s a bar in Downtown Cleveland just like it where you can get $2.50 pints of Little King’s all day and they have surprisingly cheap, quality, roast beef sandwiches. The name escapes me, just now.

My vote for post of the year so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: