Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What was Skully's called before it became Skully's?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What was Skully’s called before it became Skully’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

Crazy mamas had a stairwell through the inside of the building. I don’t remember using the fire escape much. I remember it being available to use, but I seemed to always use the stairs.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Skankland was a parts store before it became Skankland. Old Skankland used to be on 5th & Cleveland in the building the Heavy Metal Motorcycle club sits now. They closed down because the building was falling apart. Several years later, Hugo Cabrera, who owned Skankland, along with his wife Linda, rebuilt Skankland in the old parts store. It was a great spot. My friends and I used to DJ there every weekend and Hugo always brought in great acts. A few years after opening, Hugo’s wife committed suicide in the club. In fact, for a long time, her ashes were buried under the tiles of the dance floor. Unfortunately, Hugo was not a business man and soon sold to a guy named Kevin, who tried to keep reggae but gave up and called the club Clique. A couple years later, Kevin shoots his girlfriend and is now in jail. Really, he was a low-life loser and I’ve got a great story to tel about his loserhood one day. Skully bought the club when teh whole Campus Partners thing went down.

By the way, “Skank” is a form of dancing to reggae. You know, “Easy Skankin'” by Bob Marley. You thought he was talking about strippers?

enzo
    Participant

When I read Skankland from Cookie, and given her curt replies I thought it was a bar that was skanky and her term to explain it…not the real name.

That is super freaky weird that both club owners lose the women they were involved with…like a curse….WEIRD.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Well, Kevin didn’t really lose her, he shot her. And it wasn’t really his woman, it was his illicit affair partner.

But I hear ya.

Oh, and Kevin brought his own curse to the club himself.

enzo
    Participant

Ha….sounds like we should do a 90210 drama show….all the club drama!!!!

Hael

greenhouse1014 wrote >> I’ve got a great story to tel about his loserhood one day.

Strike while the iron is hot or while the audience is captive.

enzo
    Participant

Yeah……so they can have material for the series!!! The switch from Carlile to Mynt, Lotus to whatever it is, etc…..

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Hael wrote >>

greenhouse1014 wrote >> I’ve got a great story to tel about his loserhood one day.

Well, one day I’m meeting with Kevin because he wanted me to do some design work and maybe take over managing the club. I go to his place and we walk across the street to a property he’s gutting, which is right next to some dive bar. This older guy parks his truck where Kevin doesn;t like, so he has this one kid, probably 15-16, go get his friends. At the same time, he has someone else get the guy, drunk, out of the bar. The kids come back 5 strong and proceed to beat the shit out of the old guy…because Kevin didn’t like where he parked. The kids got to split $20. I know, I know, I should have jumped in and every part of me was screaming to do it, but my self-preservation took over and I thought someone who may go to the police was worse than parking wrong, so I figured that keeping quiet was my best bet.

Plus the fact that he shot his pregnant girlfriend…

enzo
    Participant

Did they play killer house and techno???

Hael

Thanks for sharing the story greenhouse1014. Sounds like Kevin is a real 3 percenter.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

enzo wrote >>
    Yeah……so they can have material for the series!!! The switch from Carlile to Mynt, Lotus to whatever it is, etc…..

I wish I could wander around inside your skull for just a day…hell maybe just an hour…

Cookie

osulew wrote >>

enzo wrote >>

I wish I could wander around inside your skull for just a day…hell maybe just an hour…

I imagine it’s like being really really high.

Bear
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >>
    The kids come back 5 strong and proceed to beat the shit out of the old guy…because Kevin didn’t like where he parked. The kids got to split $20. …

enzo wrote >>
    Did they play killer house and techno???

So not the first question to cross my mind.

Kind of like, “Did the Manson family actually rock out to “Helter Skelter” while they were killing Sharon Tate?”

I’m kinda wondering how he’s doing in jail.

midislut

greenhouse1014 wrote >>

Hael wrote >>

Well, one day I’m meeting with Kevin because he wanted me to do some design work and maybe take over managing the club. I go to his place and we walk across the street to a property he’s gutting, which is right next to some dive bar. This older guy parks his truck where Kevin doesn;t like, so he has this one kid, probably 15-16, go get his friends. At the same time, he has someone else get the guy, drunk, out of the bar. The kids come back 5 strong and proceed to beat the shit out of the old guy…because Kevin didn’t like where he parked. The kids got to split $20. I know, I know, I should have jumped in and every part of me was screaming to do it, but my self-preservation took over and I thought someone who may go to the police was worse than parking wrong, so I figured that keeping quiet was my best bet.

for some reason he was always fairly civil with me. either it was the fact that we both graduated from OU or i wasn’t his girlfriend OR pregnant. it was a shame because he and his WIFE had just had a beautiful baby girl. drugs, money, and a giant ego will do that to you i guess.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >> a guy named Kevin, who tried to keep reggae but gave up and called the club Clique. A couple years later, Kevin shoots his girlfriend and is now in jail. Really, he was a low-life loser and I’ve got a great story to tel about his loserhood one day.

He was not just a loser, he was a massive douchbag as well. He was one of few people that I fired as a client when I was doing I.T. work. Just didn’t want to deal with him anymore.

Also, he not only killed his girlfriend but he called HIS WIFE to come help him hide the evidence. She was smart and turned him in. That was about a year after I stopped dealing with him.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: