Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What was Skully's called before it became Skully's?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What was Skully’s called before it became Skully’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

Does anyone know the name of the bar that occupied Skully’s prior to it becoming Skully’s?

It would be cool to do a trivia game based on previous names of bars and restaurants!! Some have changed several times, others not so much. I was thinking the other day that Sugar used to be Network sushi spot!!! How weird.

Cookie

enzo wrote >>
    Does anyone know the name of the bar that occupied Skully’s prior to it becoming Skully’s?

Skankland.

enzo
    Participant

Seriously? Was it a strip club?

Cookie

enzo wrote >>
    Seriously?

Yes.

Was it a strip club?

No.

enzo
    Participant

Reggae

lifeliberty
    Participant

It was something after skankland, “Clique” I believe. it was club/disco.

Hael

I used to work with a dude that went to OSU during the late 60’s. He liked to reminisce about the year all the girls decided to liberate their fun bags from the oppressive bra. I digress, he told me that The Char bar used to be on Campus, in the area of, if not the location of the South Heidelberg. TMYK.

midislut

after skankland it was “clique”, a miserable failure of a club that i had the unfortunate luck of being involved with.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Skully’s used to be on south campus.. I think the first time I went Billy was my bartender.. I wonder whatever happened to Billy?

WildmanDan

Current Skully’s was Skankland. Some shooting connected to the ownership in either the old location or the current Skully’s location led to it’s demise. I don’t remember the details anymore.

Hael

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    Skully’s used to be on south campus.. I think the first time I went Billy was my bartender.. I wonder whatever happened to Billy?

I completely forgot this. Yes, it was next to Sandro’s (super shitty pizza) and below Apollos and the other gyro joint.

Wildman Dan, where was the original location for Skankland?

WildmanDan

5th and Cleveland. Ah, and remember Chelsie’s?

dru
    Participant

midislut wrote >>
    after skankland it was “clique”, a miserable failure of a club that i had the unfortunate luck of being involved with.

it still amazes me that a bar where the only thing visible inside was an old sofa shaped like lips wasn’t a raging success. who doesn’t want to party on a lip-shaped sofa?

Hael

WildmanDan wrote >>
    5th and Cleveland. Ah, and remember Chelsie’s?

Ah yes, that’s where I remember it. I had no idea it moved to the Short North.

Yes, I have fond memories of Chelsies. Played there quite a bit and caught lot’s of good live music there.

Since we are on the topic of bars gone by, remember Crazy Mammas? Had to climb a steep fire escape to get in..IIRC…or was that to get out? Remember the cable the cops would put up along High Street to keep the cavalcade of drunks from falling into High St traffic. Remember when Papa Joes burnt to the ground? Ah, good times.

enzo
    Participant

I am fascinated by the change over of bars and how some do really well in the same location just better managed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: