Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Neighborhood Launch - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Neighborhood Launch – News & Discussion

This topic contains 206 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  CB_downtowner 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

While it’s great the developer is adding several hundred units to the area I think its very selfish of them to not add any retail to their entire site plan. When this is all said and down this entire stretch of Long will have no retail component. Ground floor retail should be a must if this goes through.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I disagree with your assessment that it’s selfish. They’ve invested millions of dollars into the neighborhood and the development, which has been a great boon to this swath of Downtown where no one else had been investing money previously. Now you have private investment lining the perimeter of the development: Hills Market, Grass Skirt, Brioso, Dominos, Lomonicos, with many other plans in progress or yet to be announced.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Isn’t most development selfish? These aren’t being built by Habitat for Humanity.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Spectacular job renovating the Welsh Presbyterian Church

Slideshow in the article – http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/12/first-look-downtown-churchs-17-7m-transformation.html

News
    Participant

wpcc88
    Participant

With the new Condos on Gay, the Neilston and the Storage building.. that little area has infilled rather quickly in the past 3-4 years and continuing on in the next 2-3 really a good thing to see!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

With the new Condos on Gay, the Neilston and the Storage building.. that little area has infilled rather quickly in the past 3-4 years and continuing on in the next 2-3 really a good thing to see!

I will say that it’s been nice to see more people out and about walking around on Long Street in the past few months now that residents are moving into the new apartment building. I always walked through this area on Gay Street as it’s a more pleasant experience while Long Street always feels like an abandoned ghost town.

If that’s any indicator of what’s to come in another 2-3 years, then this area will continue to bustle. Especially once Brioso, Roosevelt and the new retail spots at the NE corner of Long & Grant are open and operational.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The latest at Bishop’s Walk…

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-january-2015

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

hahaha well shoot.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

14 more units on the way.

Love it. Looks like a stunning rendering! I’m guessing this means the multiple story condos are no longer in scope. Which I think is fine.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div>

Love it. Looks like a stunning rendering! I’m guessing this means the multiple story condos are no longer in scope. Which I think is fine.

Haven’t heard anything about those being ruled out, they’d be in a different location than where the Mews are going, on the corner of Gay & 6th if memory serves.

Adrian
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CB_downtowner wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div><br>

Haven’t heard anything about those being ruled out, they’d be in a different location than where the Mews are going, on the corner of Gay & 6th if memory serves.

This seems accurate. Both articles describe the new units as “mid block” on 6th. That vacant lot stretches from right behind the rehabbed Welsh building all the way to Gay. Room for two buildings, especially with this one only being 14 units, some of which are flats stacked on each other. And the long-rumored “tower” won’t need a big footprint at the corner of Gay & 6th.

If you go to the main Neighborhood Launch site and look up floorplans using the building map, future buildings are included on that map, albeit intentionally obscured and not clickable. This map also contemplates two buildings on 6th between the Welsh and Gay.

My only question mark is the personal garages typical of their condos. I can imagine ways to make it work, but the rendering is throwing me off as to (a) what angle it’s from and (b) where the garages would go if the building was to be condensed enough to leave space for the tower at the corner of Gay and 6th.

ehill27
    Participant

^ There’s an alley between the hills and this property.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: