Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Neighborhood Launch - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Neighborhood Launch – News & Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’ve been building apartments for around 3 years now with little to no new condo construction, so the demand is back.

I don’t know if I’d declare that demand is fully back. 15 more for-sale units at Neighborhood Launch, 10 units at Aston Row and 4 Units at The Burwell are some of the few multi-unit for-sale buildings that have been built (or planned) recently. Compared to the thousands of apartment units, they still make up a small percentage of the market.

That being said, I hope they continue to sell well. We need more owner-occupied units in every neighborhood. ;)

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>surber17 wrote:</div>
    We’ve been building apartments for around 3 years now with little to no new condo construction, so the demand is back.

I don’t know if I’d declare that demand is fully back. 15 more for-sale units at Neighborhood Launch, 10 units at Aston Row and 4 Units at The Burwell are some of the few multi-unit for-sale buildings that have been built (or planned) recently. Compared to the thousands of apartment units, they still make up a small percentage of the market.

That being said, I hope they continue to sell well. We need more owner-occupied units in every neighborhood. ;)

Just not at almost $200,000 for a 1 bedroom ;)

News
    Participant

New Bishop’s Walk Condos Downtown Going Fast
    May 17, 2014 8:00 am – Brent Warren

Interest is high in the latest phase of the Bishop’s Walk condos Downtown, with almost half of the units spoken for in the first week of pre-sales. The Edwards Companies project – which was approved last summer – will fill out the block of East Gay Street between Normandy Avenue and Sixth Street. Pricing was released on May 11th for the first 15 units, and as of Friday the 16th – according to sales manager Sue Cass – seven potential buyers had already put down the required $1,995 to reserve a unit.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-bishops-walk-condos-downtown-going-fast-bw1

heresthecasey
    Participant

Pretty impressive 5 of the condos are already reserved for the new row of townhomes that haven’t even started construction along gay street. They also released pricing for the units.

It’s up to 9 reserved as of today, going by their website. Almost double.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like it’s a good time to get started on that condo building next! ;)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

By looking at the map after the second phase of Bishop Walk is completed and the nearly finished apartment building it looks like Neighborhood Launch will be 50 percent complete with 6 more buildings to go.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Who owns the large surface parking lot north of Long and west of Neilston? Its a huge lot sitting right across the street from the second apartment building planned.

heresthecasey
    Participant

One month later and 14 are in contract/reserved. Not too shabby! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

One month later and 14 are in contract/reserved. Not too shabby! ;)

Yeah! They’ve got construction fencing around where ground will breaking, so it seems like construction is starting soon!

Pro Se
    Participant

They broke ground! Saw them tearing out the parking lot today…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

They broke ground! Saw them tearing out the parking lot today…

Huzzah!

I guess they had a good reason to… sounds like they’ve pre-sold really quickly.

News
    Participant

First Look: The Normandy Apartments and The Welsh
    July 2, 2014 4:19 pm – Brent Warren

With pre-leasing well underway and the first tenants scheduled to begin moving in on August 1st, the latest piece of the Neighborhood Launch puzzle is close to completion. The Normandy, a five-story building on East Long Street between Normandy Avenue and North 6th Street, will house 130 apartment units.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-the-normandy-apartments-and-the-welsh-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s an updated site map for Neighborhood Launch hanging inside the leasing office and in The Normandy’s model unit. Includes The Normandy, The Neilston and The Welch as well as a tiny two-story building across Long Street, which there’s also a rendering of hanging up. Future development is still indicated for all spots in between, connecting the condos with the apartments and finishing that final gap between Sixth and Grant. Good stuff:

Adrian
    Participant

Any word on a rough timeline or order of construction for the future pieces (other than the Bishop’s Walk expansion already underway)? Loving the Normandy, but it still feels a little like it’s on an island.

Perhaps the Neilston building is next (or conditioned on Normandy leasing up quickly)? Maybe there’s nothing to it, but it’s interesting that the Neilston building is so prominently highlighted on the map, whereas the Bishop’s Walk expansion is still lowlighted as “future development” despite being underway.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

That little building across Long is odd – kind of out of place. I thought there was a low income housing project proposed for that site? As for the Neilston, I’m really hoping there are a few retail spaces planned so that there won’t be two full blocks of walking past nothing but private curtained windows.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO