Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Neighborhood Launch - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Neighborhood Launch – News & Discussion

This topic contains 206 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  CB_downtowner 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Asked someone over there and got this response:

There are about three townhomes in the Sixth Street Mews to sell, but that is about it. The five story building I am told is still on the drawing board, but about two years out from what I am told. I think you will see more Mews started in the next 90-120 days.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

There are about three townhomes in the Sixth Street Mews to sell, but that is about it. The five story building I am told is still on the drawing board, but about two years out from what I am told. I think you will see more Mews started in the next 90-120 days.

More mews? Where, like between Bishop’s Walk II and the Normandy?

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div>

More mews? Where, like between Bishop’s Walk II and the Normandy?

That’s what it sounds like to me, though they finished off that parking lots between the two too nicely to turn around and start ripping it up so soon… It does follow the site plan, though, and it wouldn’t make sense to be starting the plot between Bishop’s Walk I and the Neilston while it’s under construction in terms of staging… I guess we’ll see?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

That’s an interesting development. I’m also curious when they start on that building across from the Neilston. I’m glad they’re starting with the mews first because it looks like they’re building those really quickly. It’s currently being used for staging so wonder if maybe that starts up soon after the Neilston.

NNUILJvygF
    Participant

This project is beautiful and an added addition to that area.

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Does anybody know what all the utility work is that’s happening for weeks on Long Street between 4th and Grant? Are they burying the utilities?

(I really hope they’re burying the utilities, haha)

Pro Se
    Participant

I was hoping they would bury the lines as well but I don’t think so to the extent they are putting in fresh new poles. I am at least hoping they will bury the lines on the southern part of Long and get rid of the wires that cross overhead of the street.

Or maybe it is utility work in conjunction with the new storage building and in anticipated of the utility project further up on Long (creative campus…)

Wish there was more transparency for such projects. It isn’t listed on Columbus Public Service…

Pablo
    Participant

^If it’s private utility work, Public Service usually finds out on the first day of construction.

Pro Se
    Participant

Here is the reply to my e-mail inquiry from Jon Blackwood with the City of Columbus:

“At East Long Street, AEP crews are updating infrastructure that is already underground. This work does not move any above ground utilities below ground. The lane restrictions in that area are expected to remain in place through mid to late January.”

I also asked about resurfacing of Third and Fourth Streets downtown as part of the ODOT urban paving project and he informed me that it won’t get completed until next year. Sounds like they ran out of weather…

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Great information. Thanks for doing the digging! …So to speak.

And, regarding them not burying further utilities: Dangit

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like they ran out of weather…

Not today they didn’t. ;)

Most beautiful mid-November ever!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New photo updates of Bishop’s Walk, Sixth Street Mews, the self-storage building and The Neilston’s site, here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2015-part-1

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Neilston footings are starting to go into place.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Robertsd937
    Participant

Edwards is the virus of real estate development. Most likely another one of Coleman’s insider deals. I am amazed they haven’t gotten investigated yet.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Edwards is the virus of real estate development. Most likely another one of Coleman’s insider deals. I am amazed they haven’t gotten investigated yet.

Tell us more about these insider deals!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.