Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Neighborhood Launch - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Neighborhood Launch – News & Discussion

This topic contains 206 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  CB_downtowner 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)
  • Author

RoundTowner

I just checked the amount of condos available, it is down to an incredible low amount of 12 units, does anyone know what phase is coming up next? If I could sell my place, I would move there in a flash!!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

If I remember correctly, it’s either a second phase of townhomes or a 3-5 story apartment building with flats. This rendering came out last year, I think:

surber17
    Participant

I stopped in a while ago to see how the project was coming and at that time the building pictured above was the next phase. We’ll see what happens but I love this development!!

Smifth27
    Participant

Does anyone have the timeline, or the exact phase that will be built next? This project is beautiful and an added addition to that area.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve not heard any updates in awhile. They’ve really been adhering to the whole “one piece at a time” strategy, so I imagine we’re likely to hear something relatively soon, since the second half of Bishop’s Walk looks to be almost finished.

futureman
    Participant

And here is the next phase, Bishop Walk (part 2) Brownstones.

Next stretch of Bishop’s Walk condos set for city’s Downtown Commission review

Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter

The developer has the $6.1 million project on the July 23 agenda seeking approval for the 13 townhouses, 12 garden unit and one “bridge” unit, according to an agenda sent out this afternoon by the downtown panel.

Edwards Cos. unveiled the first 26 units between North Fifth Street and Normandy Avenue before the Downtown Commission seven years ago.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/07/18/next-stretch-of-bishops-walk-condos.html

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I wonder if the design will stay consistent with the Bishop Walk condos already built?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

@stephen43215 – Yep, the Downtown Commission meeting agenda had this in it “Certificate of Appropriateness for new construction of 13 townhouses, 12 garden units and 1 bridge unit. The project’s exterior will be identical to Bishop’s Walk Phase I, just to the west of this site.”

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Such a great development, glad to see it’s quite successful.

heresthecasey
    Participant

+1

Glad to see some condo development happening again downtown in addition to apartments.

News
    Participant

More Neighborhood Launch Condos Approved
    Published on July 23, 2013 3:55 pm
    By: Brent Warren

The Edward Companies is taking the next step towards filling in the nine-block footprint of their Neighborhood Launch development. They received approval at this week’s Downtown Development Commission to start construction on another block of the Bishop’s Walk condominiums on Gay Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/more-neighborhood-launch-condos-approved-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Took a couple of “before” photos this morning of the site that will become home to this new stretch of infill. ;)

surber17
    Participant

Obviously there has been some interest in business development in this area already, but with the new Apts and condos going in we’re looking at a couple hundred more full time residents. How much more attractive will retail/restaurants be in this area now? Also, the “buying power” of the people moving in is quite high.

columbusmike
    Participant

Pretty soon we’re going to run out of surface lots in this city…then it will be time to start going skywards :)

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The lot adjacent to Hills Market is available now–I’d think that would be the next property to be developed commercially.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.