Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

scarletandgrey
    Participant

I wonder if Robert Irvine purposely scheduled this during The Arnold?

bayrea
    Participant

So what’s the verdict? Did they change it for the better? Menu revamped?

CivilE
    Participant

The menu on their Facebook page is attached. It still seems to be a limited menu but revamped a bit. I walked by yesterday afternoon. I didn’t go in, but from outside it didn’t seem to have many people inside despite the warm weather and the general crowds that I saw at the High St. restaurants I walked by. No one was sitting in their outside sidewalk patio area either. The original concept never inspired me enough to visit even though I live a few blocks away. The revamped one doesn’t really make me want to check it out either. But with that said, I hope the change helps them. Although the concept of overpriced sliders doesn’t appeal to me, I wish the best for local businesses. The Facebook page also mentions that they are hiring new staff. Given some of the horrible reviews I’ve seen lately of the wait staff at Cray, I think there may have been a bit of “cleaning house”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I go by here everyday, and there’s still no one at this place. I can’t imagine it will last. We’ll see if anyone’s there this weekend.

ryan883
    Participant

A) Green Dot Stables in Detroit is the best slider place ever. Look it up.
    B) I don’t know what everyone’s problem with Factory on 4th is… The place is in the old wonder bread FACTORY, and it’s ON 4TH… Seems pretty straight forward.

bayrea
    Participant

A bakery is not a factory…

superdave
    Participant

I’m not complaining about this place but look at Green Dot prices.

papillon
    papillon
    Participant

It seems like (from the few episodes of that show I’ve watched) he has the same formulaic menu ideas as a one-size-fits-all solution. I hope it works for them, but it doesn’t sound promising.

jOHnH
    Participant

I check Restaurant Impossible’s food network page and it doesn’t look like the episode is airing anytime soon. At least not in the next month and a half.

bayrea
    Participant

I heard end of April…

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>King Gambrinus wrote:</div>
    I don’t know why people hated the old name, I think it’s still better than “factory on 4th”

I think you might be on your own here…

It didn’t bother me, but at most it might have conjured up Cray supercomputers in my mind. I think to less nerdy people it conjured up “cray cray” an urban expression about being crazy.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

So what’s the verdict? Did they change it for the better? Menu revamped?

My understanding was that the menu was fine but the service was poor and disorganized

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I think to less nerdy people it conjured up “cray cray” an urban expression about being crazy.

I think that was the intention. Which is why the name was such a groan.

Eugene_C
    Participant

The menu on their Facebook page is attached. It still seems to be a limited menu but revamped a bit. I walked by yesterday afternoon. I didn’t go in, but from outside it didn’t seem to have many people inside despite the warm weather and the general crowds that I saw at the High St. restaurants I walked by. No one was sitting in their outside sidewalk patio area either. The original concept never inspired me enough to visit even though I live a few blocks away. The revamped one doesn’t really make me want to check it out either. But with that said, I hope the change helps them. Although the concept of overpriced sliders doesn’t appeal to me, I wish the best for local businesses. The Facebook page also mentions that they are hiring new staff. Given some of the horrible reviews I’ve seen lately of the wait staff at Cray, I think there may have been a bit of “cleaning house”.

When does the episode air? It won’t have much of an impact until then, probably. People still think it’s the old Cray.

First step in fixing slow service is to simplify the menu. Sounds like they got some good advice. Hopefully they can improve management and training of the staff.

GCrites80s
    Participant

A bakery is not a factory…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE