Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve specifically avoided this place thanks to the dumbass name.

jOHnH
    Participant

Still hate the name, sounds like a club from the 90s. I’m excited to see the interior changes and I’ll stop in soon to check it out. Any word when the episode will air?

Nancy H
    Participant

The Factory on 4th is not the greatest name either. Sort of conjures up frozen, prepackaged and unappealing.

wpcc88
    Participant

a. it has been removed from the sales listings (at least for now)<br>
    b. how is an area within walking distance of High and Fourth an essential food desert?

Umm because all we have is until the Cray and HHB are food trucks on 4th and The Market?

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

“Factory on 4th” sounds like an industrial dance nightclub. like I should put on eyeliner to eat there.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Got delivery from Skip the Dishes once. The menu is all sliders and I tried 4 different kinds.

Not one of them was good.

4N6science
    4N6science
    Participant

I live above Cray and I’ve been once and didn’t have any of their food, just had drinks at the bar. Their sliders were very pricey from looking at the menu. Hopefully, Robert Irvine gives them a real menu and not the a la carte they had. As a fan of restaurant Impossible, I’ll probably make another stop in their to see how the place changed.

I also was thinking Robert Irvine wanted to film here because of the Arnold Sports Classic as another poster pointed out.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I’m part of a group that held a nonprofit event there; the owners gave us a discount on the food, and let us use the space at no additional cost. They could not have been nicer. I did not try the food, but we only heard good feedback. Here’s hoping this involvement results in better days ahead for the restaurant.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Last few times I’ve stopped in here the bartenders have been pretty rude. The place never has anyone in it, and I’ve never liked the food. We’ll see how it does, but Crystal is still running the place, so it really comes down to management. Name/Concept change or not, it comes down to her.

coolyrboots
    coolyrboots
    Participant

I remember seeing a review where the person said they felt like they were “interrupting” when they went to pick up their food and I kinda agree. The menu is really great on paper but the food wasn’t quite glorious enough to make up for the awkward vibes.

Also the plain font on the awning always bothered me more than the actual name, whoops

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

“Factory on 4th” sounds like an industrial dance nightclub.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

HarveyWallbanger
    Participant

Hopefully the show stops and fixes Copious when they are in town. I’ve been there 3 times and have been the only person in the restaurant.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I don’t know why people hated the old name, I think it’s still better than “factory on 4th”. I’ve eaten at Cray probably 7-8 times. It was really, really good right after it opened. I even took a few people from out of town there. The quality declined and the service that was always a little slow got glacial and I haven’t been since last summer. Their drinks were always pretty good as well.

Also, if you think this place is in a food desert then you’d probably starve in a giant eagle. It’s a quarter mile to high street from here, sorry for the convenience.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I don’t know why people hated the old name, I think it’s still better than “factory on 4th”

I think you might be on your own here…

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>King Gambrinus wrote:</div>
    I don’t know why people hated the old name, I think it’s still better than “factory on 4th”

I think you might be on your own here…

“Cray” never bothered me either. Of course, “Balls” didn’t bother me either. Guess I’m not one to get too worked up over a name.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.