Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Restaurant Impossible Filming at Cray

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

jOHnH
    Participant

Anyone know what is going on at the St. John The Baptist parking lot on 4th? There are a couple tents and it looks like it is spilling over to Cray as well. Something for the Arnold??

Lindsey Tewanger
    Participant

Restaurant Impossible is filming at Cray

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

Cray will be on the Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible where they come in, critique your business and totally revamp what you are doing.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

from what I heard, this is the best thing that could happen to them.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Gordon Ramsay had a show like this. I liked the British version but did not care for the American version, because they seriously upped the drama. Never seen this particular show.

jOHnH
    Participant

Oh wow, interested to see the changes.

Do they take recommendations? First, name change….

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Do they take recommendations? First, name change….

bayrea
    Participant

New name… “Cray Cray”

wpcc88
    Participant

I wondered what that random cameraman was doing at the bottom of the 4th Street ramp. This place needed a LOT of help. However the last one I know of in Ohio that was on the show upped their menu cost for the same crap food and folded shortly after. I was never impressed by Cray and the atmosphere in general just plain sucked. For such a “hip” place the owner really never seemed to take pride in any aspect of the operation. I know the restaurant business pretty well and #1 the lack of advertising was a miss. A slider place cannot be marketed as a word of mouth, best kept secret style of operation. The location is in an essential food desert for us folks in the immediate neighborhood, treat it as such. I wish them the best and gave them more than their fair share of visits to earn my business and will again when they open after this experiment. Remember too that this place is currently for sale so I’m sure the asking price will go up in the next month.

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

a. it has been removed from the sales listings (at least for now)
    b. how is an area within walking distance of High and Fourth an essential food desert?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Funny that this is taking place the same weekend as the Arnold. The host is a pretty buff dude. I wonder if that was his idea.

jOHnH
    Participant

He want to talk to Arnie about resurrecting Planet Hollywood.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Could be he is also here to promote these protein bars

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jOHnH
    Participant

A drive by looks like a name change is happening. Factory something or something factory, 14 factory maybe.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

We were supposed to be part of the opening night here, but like half the people didn’t get in. Kind of disappointing but whatever. It’s now called The Factory on 4th.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE