Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What is going on at Spaghetti Warehouse?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining What is going on at Spaghetti Warehouse?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

GViewProgrammer
    Participant

I have lived in Columbus my whole life and have fond memories of dining in the street-car(train car?) inside Spaghetti Warehouse. I wasn’t a picky kid but it always seemed like decent food, however, my brother works for a popular supplier and warned my their kitchen was dirty. I always kind of thought he couldn’t be right, it was such a landmark. Yesterday my family took an out-of-town relative that had been staying at my house there and all of them got sick.

So what is going on with Spaghetti Warehouse? Did the owners just get old and don’t care anymore?

It is really too bad because it was a great place.

heresthecasey
    Participant

I just ate there on Sunday and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Other than the fact that their parking lot has potholes the size of moon craters, it seemed exactly the same as it’s always been.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Ate there last year and thought it was great. No issues.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

Used to think they were great back in tbe day – this is one case where I’d advocate going with the chain and hitting Olive Garden instead. More consistent results, at least.

pez
    Participant

I have lived in Columbus my whole life and have fond memories of dining in the street-car(train car?) inside Spaghetti Warehouse. I wasn’t a picky kid but it always seemed like decent food, however, my brother works for a popular supplier and warned my their kitchen was dirty. I always kind of thought he couldn’t be right, it was such a landmark. Yesterday my family took an out-of-town relative that had been staying at my house there and all of them got sick.

So what is going on with Spaghetti Warehouse? Did the owners just get old and don’t care anymore?

It is really too bad because it was a great place.

Did anyone report becoming sick to the Health Department? They collect and investigate these matters. Could have been something at the Spaghetti Factory, but unless everyone are something in common it’s pretty unlikely. Best thing to do is report it and fill out their questionnaire on everything, everything you ate in the time period and let them investigate.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Used to think they were great back in tbe day – this is one case where I’d advocate going with the chain and hitting Olive Garden instead. More consistent results, at least.

Spaghetti Warehouse is also a chain:

http://www.meatballs.com/?page_id=29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Warehouse

PS: Good to see you posting! ;)

GViewProgrammer
    Participant

Ate there last year and thought it was great. No issues.

Good maybe it was just their experience.

Did anyone report becoming sick to the Health Department? They collect and investigate these matters. Could have been something at the Spaghetti Factory, but unless everyone are something in common it’s pretty unlikely. Best thing to do is report it and fill out their questionnaire on everything, everything you ate in the time period and let them investigate.

Thanks for the idea, however, I am a bit on the lazy side with regard to this kind of stuff (Although a recent BBB complaint worked out). I will say that I trust that 3 out of the 4 of us (I was at work) got sick which seems to be a strong correlation (correlation does not equal causation). I also thought it might be related to being lunch (it was a late lunch), but even then seems pretty sad. I will say that what my brother’s company supplies is not the type of thing you want to have a complaint about.

You had me thinking too and this doesn’t seem good either…

http://www.city-data.com/franklin-county-oh-restaurants/spaghetti-warehouse.html

GViewProgrammer
    Participant

Also anyone know how to find this information on the franklin county health site to fact check?

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Ate there about a year ago for the last time half way through my meal I found a box label in my food.Last time I’ll eat there they should pay for some better kitchen workers imo.

wpcc88
    Participant

if you’re going ‘chain’ Buca di Beppo is probably your best bet.. Spaghetti Warehouse has always been kind of bleh, I’ve ate at the one here and at the Cleveland one many years ago and neither touch Buca

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

if you’re going ‘chain’ Buca di Beppo is probably your best bet

Graybeak
    Participant

The last time we went, my SO ordered eggplant Parmesan, and was righteously disgusted when biting into a big hunk of veal.
    We haven’t been allowed to go back since.

Columbusneon
    Participant

I wish there was a Maggiano around here if we are talking chain Italian. Same company owns Macaroni Grill, which is “okay” I guess, but Maggiano is probably the best chain Italian I have ever had personally, definitely a step above Macaroni or Olive Garden. I haven’t had Spaghetti Warehouse in years, but I enjoy the elevator, traffic light, and the trolleycar. Oh, and the meatball I had there was pretty good.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

if you’re going ‘chain’ Buca di Beppo is probably your best bet..

I would rather eat Kraft mac and cheese out of a box then go to Buca di Beppo even if it was free.

easily one of my top hated restaurants.

Back on topic

Last time we ate here my wife got sick in the car on the way home. We haven’t been back… but this was maybe 10 years ago.

heresthecasey
    Participant

The last time we went, my SO ordered eggplant Parmesan, and was righteously disgusted when biting into a big hunk of veal.<br>
    We haven’t been allowed to go back since.

FWIW, the exact same thing happened to me the last time I was at La Scala in Dublin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE