Our City Online

Messageboard - Books

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What is everyone currently reading?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Books What is everyone currently reading?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 898 total)
  • Author

gramarye
    Participant

I’ve been reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan … not a series even a sci-fi/fantasy fan should undertake lightly, but I’m hooked.

Ndcent

Just recently finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy…it was most enjoyable.

jwing
    Participant

Does a Technical/Instructional book count?

If so – CSS – The Missing Manual. Not sure who the author is.

Brewmaster

I just blazed through Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything. Talk about an easy, interesting read. The chapter where the dramatic drop in violent crime is tied to Roe v. Wade was great.

brothermarcus
    Participant

ender’s shadow – orson scott card.

just finished firefly – piers anthony… terrible novel.

honavery

Love the ender books. Well, the first 2 and that one.

The Hegemo

kitoba wrote One of my favorite books last year was “Hairstyles of the Damned”. I highly recommend it for anyone who, like me, is about the same age as the writer (late twenties or early thirties). It’s a very acutely remembered picture of high school in the early nineties.

Read this last year. You’re spot on — it is an excellent picture of being a teenager of that era. I second your recommendation.

Currently reading There Goes My Everything by Jason Sokol. It’s pretty good. A little uneven, but still interesting history.

lifeliberty
    Participant

teh interweb

brothermarcus
    Participant

Daz
    Participant

Chuck Palahniuk – Haunted

columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

The City: A Global Urban History,by Joel Kotkin for my Geography 650 class at OSU. But, it is a very interesting book and enjoyable read if you like history and things related to cities and urban areas!

Political Zoo,by Michael Savage. A good read for those on this forum who are more politically conservative!

The Bible,by various authors. This is always a good read!

FBZ

The God Delusion[/i] by Richard Dawkins

http://www.richarddawkins.net

The First Chapter of The God Delusion[/url][/i]

Ndcent

Just finished “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.”

Hot damn what a good book that is! I’m having a hard time getting thru Hells Angels, but that Fear and Loathing is AWESOME.

I’m just got into Book II of Stephen King’s The Stand, and it’s really amazing. I’ve never read any of King’s work in the past, so I was stunned at how intense his depictions of social collapse were. I’ve been on a post-apocalyptic fiction kick lately, and this has to be my favorite so far.

Daz
    Participant

Bukowski – Factotum

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 898 total)

The forum ‘Books’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER