Our City Online

Messageboard - Books

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What is everyone currently reading?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Books What is everyone currently reading?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 898 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Just wondered what books y’all are reading.

Me, I’m reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

0312282990.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg.

and The Proud Highway by Hunter S. Thompson

0345377966.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg.

Both are pretty good adventure books and fun reads.

jwing
    Participant

Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

bayrea
    Participant

At this very moment… I am reading The Columbus Underground Discussion Forum… duh?? 8)

shy_999
    Participant

I’m a big romance novel freak :oops: Just finished reading Johanna Lindey’s newest book and picked up a new author at Meijer’s and like it so much I finished it in about 8 hours. (If I REALLY like the book I can finish it in 4) *shrug*

~ME

brothermarcus
    Participant

“A Totally Alien Life-Form”: Teenagers

by Sydney Lewis

ballbrite

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and dare I say, its better than the Da Vinci Code!!!

gazercmh
    Participant

i’m reading The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook. yeah, pretty dorky.

jwing
    Participant

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and dare I say, its better than the Da Vinci Code!!!

I just started Da Vinci….I heard the 2 books are related….do you suggest starting with Angels and Demons? Does it really matter?

ballbrite

I read the Da Vinci Code first also. I don’t think it really matters.

rim81

im reading for the 60th time, isaac asimov’s – tales of the black widowers and a limited edition playboy i had stashed away from england!!

MB

ohh, i’m reading the new Dark Tower Book, XI, Song of Susannah. It is GREAT! I don’t usually go for Stephen King, but this series is the best stuff he’s ever written. I also just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was just fantastic. i suggest everyone read both of the above mentioned.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone picked up Bill Clinton’s My Life yet?

Katie

I haven’t read Clinton’s new book, although it sounds interesting. My sis and Mom are listening to the audiobook in Vermont as I write.

I might as well give an answer about what I am reading right now. I just finished Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Thanks Anne for letting me borrow it! I’ve three more books to go! :D

I’m also reading various other books about writing, how to write a query letter, how to find an agent, how to properly format a manuscript, etc…. fun stuff. I want to become the foremost romance writer of the 21st century! Yee-haw! Maybe Shy_999 will read my books if I ever get published. :D

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

:D

ddavis

I’m gonna have to get that new Dark Tower, I thought the others were exceptional!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 898 total)

The forum ‘Books’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS