Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What bar/restaurant has the best happy hour?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife What bar/restaurant has the best happy hour?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I love Villa Nova. Old-timey round bar. Ice cold beer on draught. Free pizza and wings and other classics. Popcorn machine. Funny jukebox. Frozen beer mugs. All elements that make me happy.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Being at Bar 23 feels like drinking in my dentist’s office except I’m probably more comfortable being at the dentist. I’ve never seen a place with so little atmosphere and personality. I’d much rather go next door to MoJoe and guzzle those pitchers of Ketel One Lemonade they have on special during the nice weather months.
    I think Bodega is still my fave. I’m going to dig on the patio of Hampton’s in the spring and summer though for dollar beers and $6 margarita pitchers on Tuesdays.
    Maybe this has turned into my favorite summer happy hour places post…
    I need to get back to work. :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I was at hamptons friday night, place was packed. Even well after happy hour was over.

KittyM

lizless wrote >>
    I love Villa Nova. Old-timey round bar. Ice cold beer on draught. Free pizza and wings and other classics. Popcorn machine. Funny jukebox. Frozen beer mugs. All elements that make me happy.

Cheers to that! Villa Nova is such a down-to-earth HH spot, plus their giant frozen beers stay cold til the end.

Other suggestions for the northern end of the No. 2 line/Olentagy bike path: the Worthington Inn serves a fantastic bar app menu with wine/house cocktail specials. A little past old Worthingon, J. liu serves original recipe $5 martinis that pair really well with their HH bar munchies.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

On one block in Old Worthington, you can find five places with happy hours, some better than others, depending on what you want: Old Bag, PK O’Ryan’s, The Worthington Inn, La Chatelaine and House Wine. House Wine for the wine, craft beers, and patio, The Worthington Inn for the food, and Old Bag for the cocktails and domestics.

Definitely a good call for Villa Nova down the road. Just a laid back atmosphere. Hit the happy hour or get a late night dinner without much hassle. Bodega is my favorite in the city because they have the best draft selection, at half price durin HH.

KSquared

shroud wrote >>
    Bodega would get my vote. Their huge selection of drafts + half-off drafts = WIN

I had the best time there last week listening to other people’s conversations. From the chick talking about her herpes to the hipster “ordering” shrooms over the phone, it was really entertaining.
    Quote of the night was a guy talking about a friend of his: “He’s done so much LSD I have to reintroduce myself every time I see him”. That gets my vote!

Patch
    Participant

Roland wrote >>
    I’m impressed with the happy hour at Lindey’s. Half price on drinks (wine included) and munchies priced very low.
    Additionally, Tony the bartender is very good at the trade. This is a good place to drink.

What is the dress code like at the bar?

Are you able to wear shorts and a polo?

AmyJ
    Participant

Patch wrote >>

Roland wrote >>
    I’m impressed with the happy hour at Lindey’s. Half price on drinks (wine included) and munchies priced very low.
    Additionally, Tony the bartender is very good at the trade. This is a good place to drink.

What is the dress code like at the bar?
    Are you able to wear shorts and a polo?

If you’re outside, you may be okay, but most of the men I’ve seen recently were in pants/jeans and nice shirts.

Patch
    Participant

As an FYI, it has come to my attention that Hounddogs/Ravari Room has a one item pizza and a pitcher deal for $10.

pretty damn good deal.

lifeliberty
    Participant

with SBB discount it is Deal: 12″ one-topping pizza & pitcher for $8.99

Patch
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    with SBB discount it is Deal: 12″ one-topping pizza & pitcher for $8.99

Nice, I forgot about SBB and just signed up.

The website shows “Deal: 20% Off all food before 4:00pm (dine-in onlyDeal: 20% Off all food before 4:00pm (dine-in only”

Did they update the deal? Or is there a better site to look at?

Thanks!

lifeliberty
    Participant

the 20% off is for hounddogs, the 899 deal is for ravari room

http://www.thesbb.com/index.php?option=com_webmapplus&view=webmapplus&category=1&Itemid=124

Cookie

lifeliberty wrote >>
    the 20% off is for hounddogs, the 899 deal is for ravari room
    http://www.thesbb.com/index.php?option=com_webmapplus&view=webmapplus&category=1&Itemid=124

And the terrible service is free!

lifeliberty
    Participant

yeah. we used to go there all the time, multiple times a week. we haven’t been there in over a year I think.

the dube is still the go to place for happy hour. it would be better if it had bigger windows and patio seating, but it works. Service is always great.

mt448

Ok, well one HH I love is the one at M on Friday nights. $5 for martinis and select wines…plus half off their sushi…and they have killer surf and turf sushi that I completely heart. You have to get there right at 5 because the bar area is small, and it fills up quickly, but sooo worth it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION