Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What are your pet peaves?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat What are your pet peaves?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,882 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Ricolla wrote >> I’m going to check with HR if I can start using the men’s room.

If you think that kind of thing is a problem I think you may be in for a bit of a shock if you actually go into the gents.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

First, let me say I really love dogs. I’m a huge fan of all the fuzzy creatures in fact. Dogs, cats… you may have met my guinea pigs.

BUT…

When your dog is in a public place with other people around who are busy going about their own business… please PLEASE do at least TRY to prevent him from jumping up and stomping on anyone’s…er… junk.

It’s very hard to appreciate your adorable pup when reeling from a nutshot worthy of the ‘mixed nut sampler’ segment on websoup. I have things to do, and sitting around with an ice-pack on my trouser-pilot was not originally on my to-do list.

thank you.

Core_Models

Benefit #91 of Shih Tzus: Too short to smash your balls.

misskitty
    Participant

I am pretty peeved that my insurance now requires me to have a prescription for over the counter medications. Otherwise I can’t get reimbursement from the money I put into a health savings plan. It’s my money and this is bullshit

Twixlen
    Participant

I cannot stand to have the wet shower curtain touch me. It’s not that it isn’t clean, it’s the texture of thin, wet vinyly stuff sticking doggedly to my leg while I’m trying to shave the other leg.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

^It’s all about the curved shower rods!

joev
    Participant

Adults who wear sweatpants/Disney clothing to court or show up late. I we’d would have way fewer people in jail if folks were smart enough to dress respectfully and be on time for hearings.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Simulated cell phone vibrate sound in tv/movies. Makes me jump for my phone every time.

KSquared

People who come to work with the plague and say it’s because they don’t want to “waste” their sick time or PTO being sick. I understand if people don’t have paid time off or can’t work from home, but it’s inexcusable otherwise.

joev
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    People who come to work with the plague and say it’s because they don’t want to “waste” their sick time or PTO being sick. I understand if people don’t have paid time off or can’t work from home, but it’s inexcusable otherwise.

Conversely, I hate when a workplace has HR policies and signs indicating you should stay home when you’re sick, but when an employee actually does call in sick, they get the 3rd degree about why they couldn’t drag themselves in.

KSquared

joev wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>

Conversely, I hate when a workplace has HR policies and signs indicating you should stay home when you’re sick, but when an employee actually does call in sick, they get the 3rd degree about why they couldn’t drag themselves in.

Agreed.

Bossy Lady

joev wrote >>
    Adults who wear sweatpants/Disney clothing to court or show up late. I we’d would have way fewer people in jail if folks were smart enough to dress respectfully and be on time for hearings.

Wow, not a racist comment at all.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Disney sweatpants!? Racists!! (lol wtf)

DavidF
    Participant

Bossy Lady wrote >>

joev wrote >>

Wow, not a racist comment at all.

From what I’ve observed in court, not racist at all. That’s an issue that is far from race based.

enigmaco
    Participant

People asking me for a cigarette, if I had a dime for every time I was asked grr….

Going to a restaurant, and having a group of people next to you who makes enough noise for the whole restaurant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,882 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: