Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What are your pet peaves?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat What are your pet peaves?

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,882 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

SJT wrote >>
    It’s even better when they always proclaim to be a nonjudgemental person. (That means not judging as long as you agree with everything I say or do apparently).

:-)

When people say “I’m not judging” (you/him/her), I occasionally ask what exactly that means. That generally gets a blank stare, so I elaborate: “Well, literally, it means that you’re not evaluating that person at all. But that’s impossible, right? We’re always judging all sorts of things about one another, even subconsciously. Gee, she’s tall, he’s fat, she looks kind of like a hippie…. So it probably means that there’s something specific that you’re not judging, right? Or…?”

But I’ve found that nobody likes that question, even though I’m really totally sincere and not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything.

I really have no idea what it’s supposed to mean.

joev
    Participant

If you’re not judging people then you’re setting yourself up as a sucker.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

“Im not judging you” literally means, with a 1:1 correspondence, that they ARE judging you, but feel badly about it.

One of my pet peeves about myself is that I judge too much, and for entertainment purposes especially. I think it’s valuable and ethically OK for me to judge whether or not I should eliminate unpleasant people from my sphere of interaction, but to judge whether or not they are “good” or “bad” or what have you, I wish I could stop that.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

The American medical system.

Went to urgent care, got diagnosed with bronchitis and got 3 prescriptions. The antibiotic Rx didn’t have a generic alternative at the pharmacy. $136 bucks for pills. So I have to wait for the morning for them to call a new medication in that will only cost $4.

misskitty
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    The American medical system.
    Went to urgent care, got diagnosed with bronchitis and got 3 prescriptions. The antibiotic Rx didn’t have a generic alternative at the pharmacy. $136 bucks for pills. So I have to wait for the morning for them to call a new medication in that will only cost $4.

I feel you’re pain My son and I got Pink Eye 2 times in a month and it was 180 bucks each time.They did not have a generic for that

If you can remember to do so, ask your doctor whether the drug she prescribes is available in generic form. If not, ask if there is another drug you can take that IS available in generic form. Might not be possible, but always worth a shot.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Nothing is worth getting a shot!! Don’t ask your doctor for a shot ;p

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

sugarplumclarey wrote >>
    If you can remember to do so, ask your doctor whether the drug she prescribes is available in generic form. If not, ask if there is another drug you can take that IS available in generic form. Might not be possible, but always worth a shot.

I guess I just assume the best-especially in the financial mess at the moment-and figure they would give me something with options. O well…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

“mea culpa”

groundrules
    Participant

hipster dude v-neck t-shirts.

misskitty
    Participant

Those cards that stores require to get the sale price! I went into the gas station to day to get a 2 liter. The guy told me in order to get it for 1.50 I needed to have one of their new cards!
    FUCK YO CARDS RETAILERS

Rockmastermike
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>
    Those cards that stores require to get the sale price! I went into the gas station to day to get a 2 liter. The guy told me in order to get it for 1.50 I needed to have one of their new cards!
    FUCK YO CARDS RETAILERS

i hate those damned things too

I’m going to try this: http://lifehacker.com/5260900/keyringthing-creates-one-bonus-card-to-rule-them-all?skyline=true&s=x

ONE CARD TO RULE THEM ALL AND IN THE DARKNESS BIND THEM

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

People who are “stuck in time” and have no ability to look at the history of the past or the trends towards the future when it comes to making evaluations on things today.

Matthew
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    People who are “stuck in time” and have no ability to look at the history of the past or the trends towards the future when it comes to making evaluations on things today.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I often feel this exact sentiment whenever I hear the anti-streetcar arguments.

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,882 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: