Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What are your pet peaves?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat What are your pet peaves?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,882 total)
  • Author

cheap

drivers that don’t know it’s a law that you have to yield to pedestrians.

little kids walking pit bulls they can’t control

people with pit bull puppies biting their kids and thinking it is “cute”.

the idiot COTA bus driver who keeps running over & breaking the temporary water line on Sullivant.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

People consistently offering jobs, respect and opportunities to my (male) partner, and not to me– even though I’m better qualified.

Makes me PO’d!!!!!!!!!!

howatzer
    Participant

Manatee said:
    People consistently offering jobs, respect and opportunities to my (male) partner, and not to me– even though I’m better qualified.

Makes me PO’d!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they just feel sorry for him….?

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

howatzer said:
    Maybe they just feel sorry for him….?

Ha, you mean for being with me (yuck yuck yuck)

No but for real it’s bizarre beyond words. I mean, I’ll be contracted for a job, and he’ll just be standing there next to me, and whose email address do they ask for? And whose schedule? It’s like hello?!

I swear it almost makes me less mad, it’s so entertaining and absurd.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Toddlers where they DO NOT belong, such as business seminars or on resource computers in my office playing loud ass Sesame Street games so the whole office can’t focus.

Or rather, those toddlers parents.

Twixlen
    Participant

Manatee said:
    Ha, you mean for being with me (yuck yuck yuck)

No but for real it’s bizarre beyond words. I mean, I’ll be contracted for a job, and he’ll just be standing there next to me, and whose email address do they ask for? And whose schedule? It’s like hello?!

I swear it almost makes me less mad, it’s so entertaining and absurd.

I once bought a truck, new, from a big dealership in NC. They were clearly puzzled about the whole girl-buying-a-truck thing, but I had money, so…. but when I picked it up, the friend that drove me happened to be a dude and it was like I ceased to exist. I’d signed all the papers, etc – but clearly (to them) the truck was for him.

Twixlen
    Participant

People driving in the bike/parking/bus lane on eastbound West Broad every. single. morning, to pass the inevitable line of traffic, at approximately 20mph above the posted speed limit. It’s not a lane, it hasn’t been a lane for a long while now, it’s crazy unsafe to drive in, and it’s not for your personal use, jackwagon.

I dream of the day I see a cop yank someone for it, but that is truly just a dream.

misskitty
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    People driving in the bike/parking/bus lane on eastbound West Broad every. single. morning, to pass the inevitable line of traffic, at approximately 20mph above the posted speed limit. It’s not a lane, it hasn’t been a lane for a long while now, it’s crazy unsafe to drive in, and it’s not for your personal use, jackwagon.

I dream of the day I see a cop yank someone for it, but that is truly just a dream.

Sadly I have seen a few cops do it too.But if one does pull someone over for doing that they should get a thumbs up while driving by.

shmack

dear columbus, i miss you. here are my pet peaves from today:
    – soft rock, adult contemporary, any vocals backed by a a single piano or guitar.
    – people who sing in the office. people who play music through speakers in the office.
    – the multitudes of women who CHOSE “Vivian” for a first name. (Julia Roberts’ character in Pretty Woman should fucking die.)
    – loogey hawking.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

shmack said:
    dear columbus, i miss you. here are my pet peaves from today:
    – soft rock, adult contemporary, any vocals backed by a a single piano or guitar.
    – people who sing in the office. people who play music through speakers in the office.
    – the multitudes of women who CHOSE “Vivian” for a first name. (Julia Roberts’ character in Pretty Woman should fucking die.)
    – loogey hawking.

Dear shmack:
    We miss you, too.
    That is all. :)

Cookie

Itchy tags.

cbus11

The person who samples other people’s food in the office fridge. It is not a buffet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Somebody’s gotta do it. Oh Snarrrrrrrrr-arf!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

As of today, pottery.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank-you, Core. I owe you a beer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,882 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION