Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What are you listening to?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat What are you listening to?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Even better. ;)

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I really found this track to be moving –it’s a stark narrative about a bullied gay teenager.

It has an interesting back story to it –apparently it was inspired by a story the Rev. Tony Campolo tells about his regrets in participating in the harassment of a gay classmate during his youth. I found it on a free amazon sampler –my complete review of the sampler is here: http://popculturephilosopher.com/mind-the-rap/

Coy
    Participant

EvilAnton
    EvilAnton
    Participant

hope this works

EvilAnton
    EvilAnton
    Participant

and in case yall haven’t heard

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Check out my entire rundown of my favorite alt classical cover tunes on this week’s Pop Culture Philosopher.

http://popculturephilosopher.com/alt-classical-cover-tunes/

@ElDiabloEinstein – Piano Guys and 2Cellos both made it in there –along with a host of other great stuff:

Coy
    Participant

Can’t seem to stop listening to this… Great to see out local scene on big (tiny) stages.
    First gig I ever played in Cbus was with Todd May at Carabar and I’ve got a couple of great wooden pet portraits from Ben Lamb. This is a great trio of tunes, for sure…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The best part about having a seven year old?

Revisiting / geeking out with them over stuff like this:

Although the map needs updated in a few places

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

gramarye
    Participant

I only go to probably one concert a year, maybe less (and a lot of those are Cleveland Symphony Orchestra shows), but I cannot even describe how excited I am for Pentatonix coming to Akron a week from Sunday. (What? Stop looking at me like that!)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Today’s the 20th Anniversary of Ween’s Chocolate and Cheese. 1994 was a good year for music, but this was certainly the definitive album of the year.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: