Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What are you listening to?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat What are you listening to?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m totally hooked on this whole album

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

The new tribute album “High Cotton: A Tribute To Alabama” is awesome. Features Todd Snider, Jason Isbell, T. Hardy Morris, Lucero, Old Crow Medicine Show, Amanda Shires Isbell, JD McPherson, Turnpike Troubadours, and more.

http://www.amazon.com/High-Cotton-Tribute-Alabama-A/dp/B00E7NIKTE

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More Friday Fun music…

Analogue Kid
    Participant

This song has been sticking with me lately:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Hilarious and spot on.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

The one-note of the refrigerator compressor

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Clare Torry’s vocalizations gorgeously complementing the music of Richard Wright’s Great Gig in the Sky (Pink Floyd’s album Dark Side of the Moon.) Been hearing the song in my head the past few days, when not listening to it on Youtube.

It evokes thoughts of loved ones passed on and lost love. Not fishing for pity here, but sharing the idea that setting time aside to grieve seems to help with being a less cynical and callous and more caring person.

It’s good to acknowledge hurt and move on to other things without self-pity, instead of bottling it up inside. World might be better, if it’s more tearful. A guy at the food co op mentioned a Buddhist meditation practice of using our hurt to identify with others. It seems suffering presents two main possible outcomes as far as our state of mind is concerned: the hardening of our hearts vs. spiritual growth.

Dostoevski said once, “There is only one thing that I dread: not to be worthy of my sufferings.” That’s intriguing but I’m still figuring out what he meant.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coy
    Participant

OMG, Billy Ray… that shit is so damn horrendous… and over 4 mill views already.

Off topic, this song seems to be appropriate for this thread…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnMSVb0oYA

Chris Stapleton, formerly of the Steeldrivers.
    Love the Steeldrivers stuff, but you likely know him for all the songs he has sold to Darrius Rucker, Kenny Chesney, etc…
    There’s a nice hook on this song above, but he also is part of the problem with country going full on pop.
    Still, his voice is killer, and I’ll take him over whatever just happened with Billy Ray all day long…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coy said:
    OMG, Billy Ray… that shit is so damn horrendous… and over 4 mill views already.

The tree doesn’t fall far from the apple, right? ;)

melikecheese
    Participant

Holy Wave – Relax

Doug Tuttle

dig it.

Chicken
    Participant

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

7/29/94…

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE