Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Zoe Cafe Opens in Bexley (Former W.G. Grinders Location)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Zoe Cafe Opens in Bexley (Former W.G. Grinders Location)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Grinders closes in Bexley – 3rd this year
    Sep 10, 2013, 10:25am EDT
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter – Business First

The ovens have been turned off at another W.g. Grinders sandwich shop. The Lewis Center chain has closed its Bexley restaurant at 2376 E. Main St., after closing its Grandview Heights-area spot earlier this summer.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/09/grinders-closes-in-bexley—third-this.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search

HighLife
    Participant

Just heard a rumor that another Tasi Cafe is going in this space. Can anyone confirm or deny?

tolemac5050
    Participant

This week confirms the Tasi Cafe rumor as no rumor…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Tasi Café
    Stop by and grab some free breakfast!
    We are outside of Bexley City Hall serving hot coffee, pastries, biscuits and gravy, french toast, Greek scrambled eggs, egg croissant sandwiches, bacon, and orange juice!

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Any sense of what has delayed Tasi’s opening in Bexley?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The new Tasi is actually called Zoe Café. It appears to be open, or on the cusp of opening. Here’s the web address.

HighLife
    Participant

Zoe’s is officially open; I’ve seen several posts from people who have eaten there today on the local neighborhood facebook page. Sounds like there have been the usual kinks with dining at a restaurant on its first day, but people are saying the food has been good. Can’t wait to try it out myself, but I’ll probably give them a couple weeks…

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I worked in Bexley in 2002-2003 and would go to that WG Grinders all the time. Same for when I lived there in 2011. Sad to see it go.

News
    Participant

Zoe Cafe Opens in Bexley
    December 20, 2014 3:34 pm – Walker Evans

There’s been rumors of a second Tasi Cafe location in Bexley for well over a year now, and the rumors have finally (sort of) come true. The new Zoe Cafe officially opened for business yesterday at 2376 East Main Street (in a former W.G. Grinders location that closed in 2013), and while the concept isn’t identical to Tasi Cafe in the Short North, it is the creation of the same owner, Tasi Rigsby.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/zoe-cafe-opens-in-bexley

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Can’t wait to check it out – Bexley needs so much more like this.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Zoe Cafe
    March 21, 2015 10:16 am – Miriam Bowers

It’s not even prime time lunching hours, and Zoe Cafe is hoppin’. Even past 1pm in the afternoon, all of its tables are full. Behind the order counter, the kitchen team is in full-on hustle to move orders out to tables.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-zoe-cafe-ma1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE