Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The View on Fifth - New Mixed-Use Development in 5xNW

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The View on Fifth – New Mixed-Use Development in 5xNW

This topic contains 119 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Jared
    Jared
    Participant

rus said:
    For those interested:

http://development.columbus.gov/Associations.aspx?id=29820

Commission meets on the First Tuesday of each Month at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2001 Northwest Boulevard, Rm. 110, Columbus, Oh, 43212 at 7:00 pm.

Personally, I doubt anyone will be interested enough to attend.

Sadly, you’re probably right.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Wonder if 3rd will be open in time to close 5th for construction.

Graybeak
    Participant

Walker said:
    I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to see people whining about traffic on Facebook and Twitter. It just still surprises me that people choose to live in an area like 5xNW because of great proximity to amenities, and then complain when new amenities and neighbors arrive because they prefer lower levels of car traffic and would rather this site remained an undeveloped dirt lot.

FTFY

tonloc620
    Participant

This project did not go to the 5thXNW area commission it meet all the requirements of the urban commercial overlay along Fifth Ave. and did not have any variances. The commission approved the overlay a couple years ago to encourage this type of development.

tonloc620
    Participant

Also, as a note, the city of Columbus will not allow anyone on the commission that does not live work or own a business within the boundary of the 5thXNW area.

futureman
    Participant

rus said:
    Wonder if 3rd will be open in time to close 5th for construction.

I read, but don’t believe it, the 3rd is to reopen in late July.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    FTFY

Sure. Look at all the people whining about people complaining about possible traffic problems ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant

futureman said:
    I read, but don’t believe it, the 3rd is to reopen in late July.

Right; I’ll believe it when I see it.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I had seen Holly was corded off for construction months ago and had asked about it. So glad to finally find out what’s happening. How exciting, especially after the loss of Johnson’s Catering.

futureman
    Participant

So according to the dispatch article from today (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2013/06/29/apt-address.html) more information has come out.

*Rents will range from $850 for the lower-end, one-bedroom units up to $2,000-plus for three- or four-bedroom penthouse units.

*The projected cost of the venture is about $42 million: about $28 million for the 5th Avenue building and about $14 million for the Holly Avenue structure

*The plans call for 377 parking spots, “so we’ve allowed for restaurant and retail parking as well,” said Mike Balakrishnan, a principal at JSDI Celmark.

futureman
    Participant

oops, broke the formatting

rus
    rus
    Participant

This is interesting:

“They’re all going to be fully furnished, which is rather unique for Columbus,” Balakrishnan said. “We’re seeing that trend in Austin, where we have a presence. Ohio State is not just local, so we’ll be marketing overseas — Hong Kong, Singapore, Europe — to the kids and their families who are looking for a better product.”

ETA: Wow. Apparently futureman broke CU. Guess posting something about parking caused servers to assplode. ;)

GCrites80s
    Participant

Smooth move, Ex Lax!

I bet furnished apartments will get more popular over time. Seems like there’s a whole cohort of Millenials that don’t want to own anything except items associated with their hobbies and interests.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

I was excited when I thought this was a condominium project.

bucki12

GCrites80s said:

I bet furnished apartments will get more popular over time. Seems like there’s a whole cohort of Millenials that don’t want to own anything except items associated with their hobbies and interests.

lol…rent-a-center

I think they are targeting a very specific student demographic and I think it will be very lucrative for them. Those aren’t the students flocking to South Campus.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO