Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Weir Arend Funeral Home Demo'd in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Weir Arend Funeral Home Demo'd in Clintonville

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

I noticed that the Weir Arend Funeral Home has been demolished at 4221 N. High (just south of Northstar/Jeni’s/etc) It is on the same parcel as the Clintoville Chamber of Commerce building and the total site size is 1.01 ac. I would assume the CoC building will be demolished as well to clear the site, but don’t know.

The property sold in December 2015 for $1.1 MM to High Deland LLC II, which has a mailing address of 110 Polaris Pkwy, Suite 301 in Westerville.

Anyone have any insight?

wpcc88
    Participant

Just doing a quick google search, my guess is condos.

Pablo
    Participant

It’s a one story retail center similar to the building next door (North Star and Jeni’s). Same owner I believe

Pablo
    Participant
    whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

I’m sure they’ll have no problem finding tenants, but kind of underwhelming. Par for the Clintonville course I guess…

DouginCMH
    Participant
    Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/03/21/clintonville-begins-new-development-as-funeral-home-comes-down.html

Once again, fear of the wrath of the CAC results a substandard project that avoids their involvement completely.

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

It just seems backwards that there is more density along the residential side streets in Clintonville at 2-2.5 stories than there is on the city’s main commercial corridor through the neighborhood. Plus parking is now legal along both side of High Street along this stretch during non-rush hour periods, so density should be encouraged. I understand it’s the developer’s time and money, but come on Clintonville!

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

And while I’m at it….Clintonville, especially south of North Broadway, could use a centrally-located municipal parking garage to encourage redevelopment.

Eugene_C
    Participant

It just seems backwards that there is more density along the residential side streets in Clintonville at 2-2.5 stories than there is on the city’s main commercial corridor through the neighborhood. Plus parking is now legal along both side of High Street along this stretch during non-rush hour periods, so density should be encouraged. I understand it’s the developer’s time and money, but come on Clintonville!

Most of northern Clintonville doesn’t want anything better, I think that’s been pretty obvious. They like being a bedroom neighborhood.

Eugene_C
    Participant

Just doing a quick google search, my guess is condos.

Condos would be better than this.

And while I’m at it….Clintonville, especially south of North Broadway, could use a centrally-located municipal parking garage to encourage redevelopment.

As much as I hate to admit it, you’re probably correct. As long as we’re staying car-centric, parking garages are a viable interim solution. Just take a look at Kent, Ohio. Development stagnated there for decades until they built a large municipal garage/bus terminal. Then it just exploded.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: