Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Weinland Park Neighbors

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Weinland Park Neighbors

Viewing 9 posts - 571 through 579 (of 579 total)
  • Author

buckeyecpa
    Participant

Security handled that all wrong. You don’t want to bully patrons. Instead they should have offered to let you and your group know about the garage parking. Some don’t realize that’s an option there. Why chase people away? I agree with Labi, Erin would be the best to notify.

mrpoppinzs

c_odden said:

About 404 Wyandotte, the house featured in the Dispatch story: I live across the street, I knew the owner (Amy, who lived there for decades), they heroin-addicted squatter who lived there for 4-5 years after she left for a nursing home, and I’ve watched the front yard get trashed, the house gutted of thousands of dollars of irreplaceable trim, the backyard turned into a mud pit, and zero evidence that the Chois are making an investment in the neighborhood except in a purely profit-driven, maximum-expediency way. Aside from it being an eyesore that greets me every morning when I look out my bedroom window, I have the pleasure of anticipating it packed with young adults who’ve never lived without adult supervision.

I just want to add that I looked at 404 Wyandotte last year and took a few pictures. You could tell that someone had lived there for quite a long time and grew old there. It felt really sad seeing what the squatters had done to disrespect the house and the former occupant’s belongings and also to see the line of investors sketching out how many bedrooms could be added.

Yesterday I saw they appear to be prepping another house for student conversion on Indianola at 7th in WP. I am all for making money but that method is equivalent to strip mining.

labi
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    Yesterday I saw they appear to be prepping another house for student conversion on Indianola at 7th in WP. I am all for making money but that method is equivalent to strip mining.

Are you talking about the NE corner? That one’s been a slow-motion horror show for a while now. Showing people pictures of it has had a 100% success rate in converting them to moratorium supporters.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

labi
    Participant

Yes – word is they have more than 90 stories already – but are trying to taper the story-collecting to a close so they can start the art phase. I’m excited to see the results!

The civic association has been helping to get the word out in the neighborhood with its newsletter, emails, and in person at civic association meetings, but –

WPers who haven’t responded yet, you can use that link to email your story this weekend…

c_odden
    Participant

Sorry to belabor this, but the 404 Wyandotte property was originally listed as an 8 bedroom, then the listing was reported and the cut it down to 5 bedrooms with two “libraries,” but the owners keep relisting it as a people-packer: http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/4275078053.html

derm
    derm
    Participant

One of the students that I worked with last week was telling me about how she lives in a house with nine roommates.

goldenidea
    Participant

Did anyone attend last night’s WP Community Civic Assoc meeting? A consulting group was scheduled to present important findings from the study just completed evaluating impacts of the ~$50M of recent investment and development has had on the livability/stability of the neighborhood.

I wasn’t able to attend. Would welcome hearing how the discussion and questions/comments went.

goldenidea
    Participant

beersie1 – I just PM’ed you regarding WP.. please check it out. Thx.

Viewing 9 posts - 571 through 579 (of 579 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION