Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Weinland Park Neighbors

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Weinland Park Neighbors

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

blammo…wasn’t Bohemio’s the place that made me puke my guts out after we ate there?

Edit…Just don’t get the carne asada. :)

labi
    Participant

@north4th, some of us have never heard of that name for WP before. (You know, the ones you keep pointing out don’t know anything.) So for us, “the short” is new, or now, or whatever. We are in some ways making a joke. It’s part of the learning process. (Maybe after we succeed in what you see as the great coffee shop crusade we can celebrate by calling it Ye Weinlande Parke.) I think you might be taking offense where none is intended.

By the way, I hope you’re penciling Bohemio’s into your social calendar for Jan 9.

labi
    Participant

I think it might be prudent to stick to the beverages at Bohemio’s. It’s nothing like its predecessor.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

labi wrote >>
    I think it might be prudent to stick to the beverages at Bohemio’s. It’s nothing like its predecessor.

You are so right. Xalisco was soooo good. Bohemio’s is…edible. :) Although for me it only stayed that way for about an hour. ;)

http://www.gorillaconvict.com/pdf/feds.pdf

Its cool. I never heard no weiland park. I mean if you said you was from weiland park, folk know the hood, but no one says they from there.

That was an article written bout the SNP. As you can see 20 years ago no one called it weiland park. Short North, is what I always heard.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

my posse’s on broadway.

blammo
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    blammo…wasn’t Bohemio’s the place that made me puke my guts out after we ate there?

ooooh…I forgot about that. I can’t remember if they have a whole bar there or if it’s just tables.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

ooooh…I forgot about that. I can’t remember if they have a whole bar there or if it’s just tables.

Yeah I missed your gig that night. I think it was my birthday. And I don’t remember a bar there…

berdawn

Snarf wrote >>
    my posse’s on broadway.

OMG…KMD?!?! I definitely have to pandora today.

Daz
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    my posse’s on broadway.

:( I Miss Broadway.

Dicks is the place where the cool hang out.

my input:

Most people don’t snitch because they don’t trust cops. All it takes is one excessive force scenario.
    It’s tough to gentrify where the section 8 resides.
    I’m pretty sure everyone, including the corner kids, would like to see less bullets flying. It’s bad for families. It’s bad for everything.
    I used to love picking up singles. It was great when you only had 50 cents.

Want to see some turn around in your neighborhood? Have some cops walk a beat and talk to the old ladies. Like north4thlikeme says, those ladies will snitch all day, and it keeps an eye on the traps.

goldenidea
    Participant

If anyone wants to open a coffee shop, there’s a space for rent at N4th and 7th Ave with a patio. It’s the old Angel’s Barbershop.

rory
    Participant

goldenidea wrote >>
    If anyone wants to open a coffee shop, there’s a space for rent at N4th and 7th Ave with a patio. It’s the old Angel’s Barbershop.

Or even more insidious….art gallery. ;)

blammo
    Participant

rory wrote >>

goldenidea wrote >>

Or even more insidious….art gallery. ;)

As long as they also sold cell phones and athletic shoes, i’m sure it’d be a hit.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

I think a lot of the establishments that do risk opening in an economically depressed area are a mixed bag. While they do provide goods and services that would otherwise not be conveniently available to the local community. The products they sell do nothing but add to the long term economic and health problems their customers will have. I’m not just talking about the corner stores. The Krogers in WP has few produce options and jacks up the rates of its products on the first of the month. It happens all the time in economically depressed areas.

labi
    Participant

<<If anyone wants to open a coffee shop, there’s a space for rent at N4th and 7th Ave with a patio. It’s the old Angel’s Barbershop.>>

I remember a voter registration rally on that patio before the last presidential election – when Angel’s was still there. Everyone came by for a sandwich, there was music and dancing and everyone just hanging out feeling good about things. Angel was so friendly. I was really sad that her shop moved so soon after that. I hope she’s doing ok, wherever she is now.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 579 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: