Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Watering hole with above-average food

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Watering hole with above-average food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author

Lakee911
    Participant

Raoul Duke wrote >>

O’Reilleys – Pepper Burger or Scott’s Style Wings (it’s a good heat)

I’d list the Thurman & Press Grille but I never eat there because there’s never any room.

+1 on O’Reilly’s

Thurman’s is awesome. Try their Reuben sometime too.

patient_zero
    Participant

Donerick’s Pub, a strip mall bar in Dublin Village Center, has reopened under new owners. The bar has been revamped, and plasma TVs were added to the billiards area.

I’ve always liked their pizza, an item that’s on the current menu. An 8″ pepperoni is only $5 on Thursday. Their burgers are 1/2 pound Angus and served with house made kettle chips, and only $5 on Wednesdays. Monday is 35¢ wing night, with eight different wings to choose from. On the regular menu they have a fried bologna sandwich for $5, and a decent beer battered cod and fries for $8.

Donerick’s Pub
    6711 Dublin Village Center
    799-2661

mt448

Rossi pizza anytime!!

Rastapasta

I’d say O’Reillys (love their burger), but their service is absolutely piss poor for college students (and I am 23 + dressed respectably, not a 19 frat kid..)

I went there the other night and they avoided us for over half an hour before even taking our order. The table next to us (older regulars) walked in after us and had their food before they even took our order! On top of this, they ignored empty drinks, didn’t bring water when asked, etc. and it wasn’t even that busy…

I have no problem with a joke or some ball busting, but they didn’t even want me eating there. Assholes. Rediculous.

carabar has a new burger menu that is amazing…even vegi and vegan options too. it’s my new favorite bar food.

JedThorp

A lot of these places mentioned are food establishments, first, that also serve drinks. That being said, they’re all making me hungry.

My vote is for Hal & Al’s in Merion Village, just south of Thurman on Parsons. They have a great beer selection…about 10 beers on tap, and many more in the cooler. Food is provided by Rad Dog, arguably the best hot dogs in town, and they’re vegan. I’ll challenge any meat-eater to try them, and tell me they aren’t darn tasty. Plus, what goes better with the good beer than a tasty hot dog. My fave is the Rad Neck – a beer battered dog covered with mashed potatoes and gravy, on a whole wheat bun.

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE