Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Watering hole with above-average food

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Watering hole with above-average food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author

parker624

Winking Lizard for best beer selection and best wings!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Barrel 44 on Tuesday’s for 1/2 off martinis and small plates til close. Their tuna wakami (sp) is one of the best things ever, and if you’re looking for something more substantial the Barrel 44 burger is awesome.

michael macarthur
    Participant

O’Reilly’s, Cville, jerk burger. And to respond to one thread, I’ve never been concerned about eating there.

Shannon

Cementos. Cheese Ravioli is my fav., but everything there is amazing! Henderson Rd.

laurencaye

I’m partial to the Short North, but I’d say Bodega and Barrel 44

Bodega: Benevolence Bacon Lettuce & Tomato or $1 grilled cheese dipped in their tomato soup

Barrel 44: I usually get their bruschetta or satays since they’re half price during happy hour. I remember some sort of steak and bleu cheese crostini thing being amazing as well.

fonzette
    Participant

I’m going to second Cookie’s disdain for O’Reilly’s, but only b/c the last time their food was featured somewhere they suddenly got really busy with a bunch of johnny-come-latelys and I couldn’t find a seat for weeks. So: O’Reilly’s sucks! Stay away!
    Also, the jerk burger is ok but everybody knows it’s all about the pepper burger.

ohiojimmie
    Participant

Byrne’s Pub on w 3rd in Grandview. Connected to Grandad’s Pizza, I like the Hawaiian Pizza.

ohiojimmie
    Participant

Byrne’s Pub on w 3rd in Grandview. Connected to Grandad’s Pizza, I like the Hawaiian Pizza.

patient_zero
    Participant

Ugly Tuna Saloona, OSU campus, Blackened Tuna Tacos

Claddagh’s Pub, Brewery District, Fish & Chips, Steamed Black Mussels, Claddagh Rings w/ Bass Ale Batter

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>

Yeah, but then you have to be inside Ugly Tuna. I’d rather have my head shoved inside one of those ridiculous fishbowls they serve those drinks in and then be beaten to death with a golf club. :)

Mercurius
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

Yeah, but then you have to be inside Ugly Tuna. I’d rather have my head shoved inside one of those ridiculous fishbowls they serve those drinks in and then be beaten to death with a golf club. :)

Mad Mex on the other hand…

DavidF
    Participant

fonzette wrote >>
    I’m going to second Cookie’s disdain for O’Reilly’s, but only b/c the last time their food was featured somewhere they suddenly got really busy with a bunch of johnny-come-latelys and I couldn’t find a seat for weeks. So: O’Reilly’s sucks! Stay away!
    Also, the jerk burger is ok but everybody knows it’s all about the pepper burger.

I second the move to not consider O’Reilly’s. Just because everything I’ve ever had there has been way better than I had a right to expect, doesn’t mean anyone else should like it. So, stay away and let me eat in peace.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

Mad Mex on the other hand…

I think they have terrible food, but I’ve stumbled into (and out of) some wicked beer and tequila specials in there. That being said, I haven’t bothered to set foot in there since about 6 months after it opened. I’m too old to hang out down there anywhoo.
    I think some of my fave bar eating lately was at SJT after ordering a giant Adriatico’s pepperoni pizza at about 1am. :)

berdawn

They may not have as many beers as Bodgea, but Mad Mex has some great great stuff on tap. (avoid all food other than the chicken wings)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

I have never heard a good thing about that place

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION