Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

GeoGuessr Game

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

JeepGirl
    Participant

Anyone else tried this addicting game? This site plops you down on a random Google Earth location, and you have to guess where. You get 5 locations and the closer you get to the location earns you more points.

http://geoguessr.com/

This is not how I thought I would be spending my Friday evening.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

wow this is pretty cool.

it’s pretty hard to guess too sometimes when you get a streetview of a dirt road on a flat unpopulated area with nothing but scrub trees to try to identify in a low rez photo. LOL

I managed 8504 on my first try which didn’t seem horrible, but i have a feeling i’m going to be playing this a lot for a while.

thanks for posting

edit: holy crap i just got one in europe within 30km! LOL this is too much fun

edit2: ok they gave me an easy one. there was a hotel visible. in Longyearbyen norway. got it in 0.5 km

edit3: ok second game 23,102. Got a couple of them within 1km and blew one completely (middle of NOWHERE). Wow this is too much fun!

edit4: NO FREAKIN WAY it just dropped me by Dock and creek st in ketchikan alaska. I actually walked on that spot in 2006!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

ok i gotta stop this. my high score now is 32,000andchange. Was up late last night doing it and I’m NOT going to let myself do it again tonight.

Tight Ropewalker
    Tight Ropewalker
    Participant

Ha! I got 9599 on my first game. Did you see you can share your results? Here’s mine:
    http://bit.ly/14b623D

cbus11

First place it put me at was Niagara Falls. Then it messed with my head and put me on top of a mountain in Georgia (former USSR).

Rockmastermike
    Participant

cbus11 said:
    First place it put me at was Niagara Falls. Then it messed with my head and put me on top of a mountain in Georgia (former USSR).

The last place I got was the start of a ski run on top of a mountain with no direction arrows (no movement possible) a sign in what looked like chinese and a flag seen nearly edge on.

It would have been awesome if there was streetview down the ski run! But no.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

botched one big but it was a tough one. this is a pretty good set: http://url.geoguessr.com/3QxG

brothermarcus
    Participant

http://url.geoguessr.com/3QGT

first game 22202 … Russia is tough to figure out, twice started out on a bridge there.

ricospaz
    Participant

I am so glad to have this at work, and it’s not blocked. 8,802 pts first time around.

geoyui
    Participant

Middle of Australia is not cool … fun nonetheless!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Middle of Australia is not cool … fun nonetheless!

seriously. I’ve had a few games now where I’ve gotten everything within a 0.1 km except some dirt goatpath in the middle of Australia.

ricospaz
    Participant

Now are you cheating and googling locations? haha

geoyui
    Participant

So has anyone come across Columbus, or even Ohio?

geoyui
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    seriously. I’ve had a few games now where I’ve gotten everything within a 0.1 km except some dirt goatpath in the middle of Australia.

How did you get .1 km away?

ricospaz
    Participant

geoyui said:
    So has anyone come across Columbus, or even Ohio?

I had one in Ohio, near Springfield

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE