Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Warcraft

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Warcraft

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by vestanpance vestanpance 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

actually looks pretty good

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Looks like Uwe Boll does LoTR with an Avatar-eque interspecies romance. I smell giant flop.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I don’t think anyone expects it to be “blockbuster.” It’s most likely intended for a global audience of video gamers and will be judged by turnout in that audience.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I find it pretty interesting that they’re focusing on Warcraft instead of World of Warcraft. I would assume the latter would have broader appeal? Unless they’re saving it for a sequel?

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I’d say sequel potential.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

There’s so many stories in Warcraft. They’re starting from the beginning (Warcraft: Orcs and Humans aka Warcraft 1) in hopes of making more. WoW is really kind of somewhere in the middle of the overall lore of the game and quite a few of the storylines there have evolved from the first 3 games. I think I read the director is using this movie as a good platform to introduce the universe and plopping the audience right down into the WoW world might be a little confusing.

Between the games and the books, if the movie does well, they pretty much have endless content to make sequels.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s so many stories in Warcraft.

I never got into WoW (i’m not really an MMORPGer) so the only story I really remember was WC2 LAN Party Deathmatch. ;)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gus W wrote:</div>
    There’s so many stories in Warcraft.

I never got into WoW (i’m not really an MMORPGer) so the only story I really remember was WC2 LAN Party Deathmatch. ;)

Haha. WC2 was definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

The first two games had some lore, but I think the story development really became big in WC3.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

WC2 was definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Then you’re going to love this:

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

That’s awesome, haha. I really hope they make the movie darker than what they’re showing in the previews. It starts from the beginning, and the artwork included in the first three games was pretty brutal.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Haha. WC2 was definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

I loved WC2 but then when starcraft came out the game play seemed soooooo slllooooowwww. I never went back.

Played everquest and everquest 2 as my mmorpgs, never tried WoW

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.