Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Virgin Mobile prepaid Iphone to be released - $30/month unlimited text& data

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Virgin Mobile prepaid Iphone to be released – $30/month unlimited text& data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

bucki12

lifeontwowheels said:
    Huh…so reading the fine print, you have to buy a phone from Virgin. Can’t bring one in and make the switch. Anyone know more?

That is what they are saying for the initial release. It seems Virgin paid a lot to get the iphone and wants to recoup some money quickly through cash from the phone sales instead of over time with the monthly charges.

That said, I imagine that after the early adopters have jumped on board they may eventually allow a ‘bring your own phone’ deal, but I think the low monthly rate will go up by then.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    That is what they are saying for the initial release. It seems Virgin paid a lot to get the iphone and wants to recoup some money quickly through cash from the phone sales instead of over time with the monthly charges.

That said, I imagine that after the early adopters have jumped on board they will may eventually allow a ‘bring your own phone’ deal, but I think the low monthly rate will go up by then.

Searching around, seems like T-Mobile pre-paid is pretty friendly to using an existing phone and buying the SIM from them. $30/month for 100 minutes, unlimited text/web. Seems like that would be great with Google Voice.

bucki12

From my understanding there are some drawbacks:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1160588/unlocked_iphone_4_tmobile.html

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    From my understanding there are some drawbacks:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1160588/unlocked_iphone_4_tmobile.html

I’m not 100% sold on the iPhone but I can take greater advantage of the fanboys on eBay who are selling their hardly used iPhone since they just got the latest and greatest. I was looking at some of the higher end used Androids on ebay and it was harder to find auctions that weren’t already up there.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: