Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Vikings

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Vikings

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Coremodels Coremodels 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Did anyone watch the first episode? Other than the bad accents I thought it was pretty entertaining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_%28TV_series%29

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I was a little disappointed, but expect it will get better. Definitely will keep watching. I was one of the few people who really liked Patrick Swayze’s show, The Beast, and thought Travis Fimmel was excellent in it…and of course, you can’t go wrong with Gabriel Byrne.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

how did I know you would be the one to respond.

Jack will be next.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Really glad I stuck with it, turned into a great show.

FoodFort
    Participant

I am enjoying it a lot. The “wife” / shielf maiden is a well know karate champion in Canada and does mnay of her own scenes. Hoping this show stays good through the stopry arc.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The monk storyline is pretty great too. Another little trivia bit, the guy playing Floki is the brother of Alexander Skarsgard (Eric on True Blood).

ricospaz
    Participant

The rivets on the tarps covering the ship didn’t seem legit to me

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I think it’s a winner so far.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m hooked now.

desecration
    Participant

I watched the first episode, need to catch uop on others. The mix spoken language was a bit odd. I liked it but hope that it continues with momentum.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

desecration said:
    I watched the first episode, need to catch uop on others. The mix spoken language was a bit odd. I liked it but hope that it continues with momentum.

I wasn’t at all sold on this after ep. 1, but am totally into it now. Pacing picks WAY up really fast.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Donal Logue = Viking.

Nice.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Pretty excited to have this back tonight.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Not a bad first episode last night. The only negative that stood out to me was the acting of Lagertha. Somehow she seemed to lose all of her viking accent in some scenes and sounding like a modern day Canadian lolz.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.