Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Victorian Village rentals!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Victorian Village rentals!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

mkramer

My roommate and I are looking for a place around the short north victorian village area. Just want a two bedroom, preferably a house style rather than apartment building. Also needs to be pet friendly seeing as I love my kitties. Want to know the best way to find these ones! We drove around for a while today and called some of the for rent signs but that doesn’t seem to be working. Our lease is up the end of June and don’t want to spend more than $750 a month on rent. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Marion Village area would be a good place to look or Westgate. $750 might get you a studio in VV and definitely kitties would not be welcome – you might look in Olde Towne as another option, but probably won’t find a house although clean 2 bedroom apartments with more pet tolerant landlords are more likely – most landlords however would probably tolerate a cat not sure on the kitties thing – ok Marion Village and Hungarian Village would be the best bets- Good Luck !

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

^utterly horrid advice for the OP.

Q: I’m looking for a VV/SN rental.
    Crazy Person: how about the south side aka “merion village”

wtf x lol

dru
    Participant

Metro Rentals

a good place to search.

the driving around method is also time consuming, but it does work in the area so I would continue that as well.

Core_Models

Craigslist is also a good resource. Just saw a place on there today that’s a LITTLE out of your price range, but looked awesome.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/2373955564.html

Cookie

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    Marion Village area would be a good place to look or Westgate. $750 might get you a studio in VV and definitely kitties would not be welcome – you might look in Olde Towne as another option, but probably won’t find a house although clean 2 bedroom apartments with more pet tolerant landlords are more likely – most landlords however would probably tolerate a cat not sure on the kitties thing – ok Marion Village and Hungarian Village would be the best bets- Good Luck !

If you can’t answer the question, you can just not answer the question.

Matthew
    Participant

http://www.rentersrealestate.com/home/index.php

I rented from these folks a few years ago, they are pretty cheap. Fair warning though, you get what you pay for!

groundrules
    Participant

wait- just to clarify: you want two bedrooms for a total of $750, or you and your roommate are willing to throw in $750 each? Scenario A is tougher, Scenario B is easy.

Mercurius
    Participant

blammo
    Participant

$750 for a stand-alone house in the VV area is gonna be tough…if you are willing to expand the “area” to Harrison West, Italian Village, and the mysterious area east of 4th & south of 5th ave (lol), you will have some better opportunities.

Something will probably come up for you though, but you’ll have to ride/walk the streets daily to check for new “for rent” signs popping up, and refresh the rental listings on craigslist every minute or so. I found a great deal in Italian Village on a pet-friendly duplex, but only because I drove right to the apartment literally minutes after it was posted, and charmed the landlord into letting me take the place.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

You moved out of WP blammo?!

blammo
    Participant

coolbuckeye wrote >>
    You moved out of WP blammo?!

Yup. Sadly i came to the conclusion that “transitional neighborhoods” are for buyers, not for renters.

mkramer

I used to live in Old town east, thats out of the question. We just want a townhouse or apartmouse as I like to call it, a duplex is what people tend to call them. Thank you all though! I’ll keep my eye out.

mkramer

I used to live in Old town east, thats out of the question. We just want a townhouse or apartmouse as I like to call it, a duplex is what people tend to call them. Thank you all though! I’ll keep my eye out.

somertimeoh
    Participant

You might want to check the numerous apts behind Giant Eagle on Neil. Many of them have the townhouse setup it sounds like you’re looking for? 2BR’s in my community are $950ish, but there might be some that are in your desired range in other complexes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: