Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

victorian village / harrison west fences

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion victorian village / harrison west fences

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bzudo
    Participant

Does anyone know where I could get replacement slats for a fence in Victorian Village? The fence is the typical privacy fence, with each slat being about 6′ tall and 4” wide. The top of the slat is triangular in shape.

I’ve looked at Lowe’s and they have them, but they are around $32. Anyone know a place that sells them cheaper?

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

One board is 32 dollars?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Do you mean dog-ear fence?

If it’s a unique pattern, get a plain board and use another board as a stencil.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Still, I’m seeing the individual posts at Lowes for under $3.00

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Select the piece carefully, many are warped and/or knotty.

surber17
    Participant

I just bought cedar pieces from home depot 2 days ago and they were under 3 bucks each and my guess is this is as expensive as they get. I think you were prob. looking at a bundle price or it wasn’t labeled right.

bzudo
    Participant

thanks for the replies. i must have been looking at the wrong label. i’ll take another look at lowes tonight.

alexs: It’s very similar to those, expect it comes to a rounded point at the top.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

You may have been looking at the price for an assembled 8-foot panel of those. BTW, do you need just one board, or the horizontal stringer, or whole panels?

You might need to rent a jigsaw to match the shape.

ETA after re-reading your post, maybe you mean what’s called “gothic”

bzudo
    Participant

I just need about 12 individual slats. They need to be “gothic” style, to match the older slats. Glad to finally have a name for them. :)

bzudo
    Participant

looks like they are also called “stockade” style

bzudo
    Participant

which you apparently can’t buy individually :(

groundrules
    Participant

I’ll cut you that shape for $16 a board :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION