Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Vegan Brunch Menu at Sunny Street Cafe Nationwide Blvd Saturdays

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Vegan Brunch Menu at Sunny Street Cafe Nationwide Blvd Saturdays

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

The Sunny Street Cafe in the Arena District on Nationwide Boulevard has started a Vegan Brunch menu on Saturdays. (only Saturdays) Time is 6:30am to 2:30pm.

The menu as of today (Feb 23):

Vegan Brunch Menu

Available Saturdays 6:30am-2:30pm – Arena District Location

(please note that although all of our cooking oils are vegan we use shared cooking surfaces that are cleaned of debris in-between orders, but that this surface is also used for non-vegan items)

Vegan sides available:

Tofurky Sausage, Fakin’ Bacon, Fresh Fruit, hash browns, home fries, French fries,

onion rings, oatmeal, strawberry soy yogurt, granola

Vegan Pancakes $6.99

Full stack of three pancakes: Plain, Blueberry, or Banana Berry. All topped with pure vegetable margarine and

served with our pancake syrup.

Vegan Belgian Waffle $6.49

Made with whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, and soymilk, topped with powdered sugar.

Vegan French Toast $6.49

Three slices of our Texas Toast, dipped in a batter made with soy milk, pureed bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla;

topped with powdered sugar.

Vegan French Toast Crunch $7.49

Two slices of our vegan French toast, covered in our delicious blend of fresh granola, coconut, and brown sugar.

Black Bean Burger $7.99

Our homemade spiced patty made of black beans, corn, and sunflower seeds, served on a sesame seed bun with

our fresh-made salsa, fresh spinach, and chili-garlic Dijon (available every day).

Vegan Breakfast Sundae $7.49

A bowl of fresh fruit, topped with crunchy granola and strawberry soy yogurt. Served with toast or an English

Muffin.

Vegan Breakfast Quesadilla $7.99

Spiced scrambled tofu with red onion, Daiya Cheese, corn and black bean salsa.

Vegan Breakfast Burrito $7.99

Spiced scrambled tofu with onions, tomatoes, green peppers, Daiya Cheese, and Tofurky sausage in a flour tortilla

with your choice of side, served with fresh-made salsa.

Oatmeal $2.99

A bowl of our fresh made oatmeal served with up to three topping of your choice: bananas, raisins, brown sugar,

walnuts, cinnamon, coconut, or dried cranberries; served with soy milk.

Vegan Falafel Wrap: $7.99

Our fresh made falafel in a wrap with dairy-free tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and red onion in a flour

tortilla with your choice of side.

How Exciting!!! Thank you Sunny Street Cafe!!! :-)

sanderson81

My mouth is watering! Cannot wait to check this out!

Asch

This is awesome, thanks for posting! It will be great to try some new breakfasty things!

jasoncrowe

We’re really excited to be doing the vegan brunch! I took over running the Sunny Street Cafe in the Arena a few months ago and have really tried to make it a better business, more focused on the community in the Short North, Victorian Village, German Village, and downtown. I know there were service issues in the past but the place is running great now. Hot fresh food, fast friendly service, lots of from-scratch items, and a new focus on healthy options. Hope to see some of you at the restaurant!

NerosNeptune
    Participant

well crap i just ate breakfast.. I will def. be checking this out next weekend though!

cowtownposse
    Participant

Woo, vegan brunch! Will have to try this sometime.

Asch

I ate here Saturday with a friend and two toddlers in tow. I had the vegan banana french toast which me & my kid loved. I definitely want to go back and try the quesadilla and burrito!

Any chance for kid-portion vegan pancakes? Bit too expensive to give to two year olds so the both of us ended up just getting the kids dino pancakes, though we’d rather not have.

jasoncrowe

Hey Asch, we can definitely sub the vegan pancake batter for the regular on the dino pancakes for no extra charge, or you can just get 1 or 2 pancakes instead of the full stack of three. Sorry your server didn’t suggest that, but they’re new at this as well. Thanks so much for coming in and especially for your feedback!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE